Seeds germinated but 1/10 has popped though

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pontiff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I germinated 10 seeds (5xwhite widdow and 5xbuddah cheese).. they all germinated in 24-48 hours using the paper towel method and i have placed them into their little rockwood cup things under a light. Of the 10 that I planted, only 1 has popped through and its been about 2 weeks now.

I carefully peeled back the rockwood on a couple and some have grown bigger roots but not sprouted and some have stayed the same... but nothing sprouting out the top.

I guess my question is

1) are the seeds useless now?
2) how can I convince them to start 'growing' the actual stork / plant / whaterver you wish to call it :)
3) water is about 82f (it was a touch lower, but i raised it about 5 minutes ago) and i have a dome over the top to keep the humity a little higher

I have attached a pic of what i have.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated, as i hope i have not blown my $300 on seeds

photo.jpg

I know nothing about rock wool, but how deep did you plant the seeds? I wonder if they're too deep?

hmmmm perhaps but they'er only in about the height of the seed, so not that deep

I would say start over. Start your seeds in the rockwool. I do & have great results. (90% or better) Soak them in a glass of water over night or till they sink. Place them in the rockwool, point of the seed UP, about 1/4" deep. I use the 2 tray with dome setup from Grodan. Keep the water about 80 degrees & no light till you see green. Than after 2 weeks I move them to my system with very low ppm's.

Latest posts

Back