She's all Twisted??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my AK48 looks kinda troubled today... Her lower leaves are twisted badly and other leaves have curled down... They are also curled upwards... If that makes any sense... At the same time leaves are Green and she is growing new healthy ones on top... My other 14 plants seem well.. What can it be?? She's still very wet, I watered two days ago... Could it be overwatering? If so how long should I keep her dry??
Here's a picture.. Have a look...
Thank you :D

S8001120MP.JPG

Funny you mention over-watering, because for some reason that's what came to mind when I saw the pic. And you're asking the same question too. So, there's two people that think that it might be over-watering.

I'm not very good at making sick plant diagnoses, so wait a bit and someone who knows will help you out. However, I did notice what looks like nutrient burn on the tips of one of the leaves.

Concerning letting your plant dry out, and for how long, I'd let that dry out almost completely before watering again. Not that you necessarily want your plants dry out completely each and every time, but if it has been wet for a long time without drying out in between, then in this case, you should let it dry out quite a bit. Also, don't under-water your plants either.

Well, if you've been over-doing the water, letting it dry out should help. Normally, people let the first 2-3 inches from the top of the soil dry out before watering again. Just by looking at your plant, I bet it can be watered every fourth day or so. When you water, water thoroughly, but don't over-do it.

Alistair Young said:
However, I did notice what looks like nutrient burn on the tips of one of the leaves.

The yellow tips are from nutrition deficiency My babies suffered earlier... About 10 days ago.. See the journal...
She's not having any more water for a while :D

Sounds like a good idea to let it dry out. Also, I hope your plants' soil has good drainage. That is to say, your soil has perlite in it?

I'm surprised no one else has responded to this. Oh well.

Sometimes if u give ur plant to much nutrients sighns of malnutricion will appear. And adding more nutirents will just make it worse. But it can very well be that it isnt getting enough nutrition.....How much do u feed the thing? If u do it often u may be giving it to much. If u dont give it much or any at all then u might wana start.

yup some roots had clogged a drain hole on my one aero tray. not enough to clog it completely but enough to let 2 inches of water sit in the bottom. She looked the same way.

I used about 1/3 maybe even half Perlite in my soil mix.... I think they have good drainage.. It's just me watering so often...:hubba:
I'll give them a break... Hope she get's better...
Thanx everyone :D

The wet-dry cycle is EXTREMELY important for the cannabis plant. When it needs water and food it needs water and food, but after it stores it all in, the roots need at least 3 days of oxygen too.

Latest posts

Back