Shopping for new light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see they have one 2000 left but I heard somewhere maybe here that eBay had some less quality mars lights than going to mats for them. I’m not sure why I remember that.

It could be, though the TSW3000 I bought from them looked pretty much the same as the one I bought from Amazon.

T-5's work great and they don't get all that hot...I have 3-8 tube T-5 fixtures and love them for veg...
An 8 bulb T5 uses over 400 watts! (54 watts a piece T5 HO) I’m not sure how much your power costs where you live but here is Cali it’s ~$0.35 cents a Kw/hr. 0.4x.35x24 hours a day = 3.36 a day or 100$ a month. 3 of those is $300 a month here.
Whereas a 4 bulb T8 with LED is 68 watts. .068 x.35 x 24 = 0.57 cents a day or $17 a month, 3 would be $50 a month.
Now of course those T5’s HO’s are gonna put out more light but for 400w I would absolutely go HID.

An 8 bulb T5 uses over 400 watts! (54 watts a piece T5 HO) I’m not sure how much your power costs where you live but here is Cali it’s ~$0.35 cents a Kw/hr. 0.4x.35x24 hours a day = 3.36 a day or 100$ a month. 3 of those is $300 a month here.
Whereas a 4 bulb T8 with LED is 68 watts. .068 x.35 x 24 = 0.57 cents a day or $17 a month, 3 would be $50 a month.
Now of course those T5’s HO’s are gonna put out more light but for 400w I would absolutely go HID.
Well that’s something to think about too. Don’t know how much extra electricity my spiderfarmer 2000 is costing me but I didn’t notice a hinge change In my electric bill. I think that is one reason that I went with that light was efficiency

Well that’s something to think about too. Don’t know how much extra electricity my spiderfarmer 2000 is costing me but I didn’t notice a hinge change In my electric bill. I think that is one reason that I went with that light was efficiency
3 essential tools for all growers looking for equipment efficiency is a infrared thermometer, Kill-A-Watt meter and a Lumen Meter. With those 3 and a tape measure you can see through all the B-S light manufacturers feed us.

wattage in
Lumens out
heat created

knowing those 3 things will introduce the scientific method to your grow equipment. Your results will be testable, repeatable, and have clearly defined boundaries.

Never paid much attention to it because my electric bill didn't change enough for me to worry about it. Loved the outcome of using my HOT5s though. I will still use them when I need too. Right now in growing Autos outside.
Done lost one to the god damn wind and one too a fking Mockingbird. Bastard.😠

Never paid much attention to it because my electric bill didn't change enough for me to worry about it. Loved the outcome of using my HOT5s though. I will still use them when I need too. Right now in growing Autos outside.
Done lost one to the god damn wind and one too a fking Mockingbird. Bastard.😠
The wind is currently destroying everything in my yards 😤

I know the feeling brother. Really pissed me off when my two week old Gabagoo was blown smooth out of the soil. I wasn't home and by the time my Wife went to move her it was too late. Still have a baby Gabagoo and Zkittles that's okay. Moved them on the porch.

Awe…..
The joys of beautiful Mother Nature.
Sorry guys that sucks. I lost almost all my outdoor to a monsoon last year. 😡

4 bulbs and a fixture from Lowe’s is like under 50$, uses 60w, and is 2x4’. I use it in a 5x5x6.5 so to me is seems like a great light for your specific need.
I only person I know who grows has been growing for 20 yrs, he swears by 4 ft fixtures for veg. I'v seen them in veg and they grow great. He uses hps for flower

Nice and will consider it but I really like how the plants love the LED light in veg and flower in my other tent. I can really notice the difference in the plants prattle the moment I put them in the tent too. Looking also at the spider farmer 1000 which may be suitable a little easier on the pocketbook but I don’t want to make a cheap move here since this project is also my new hobby
I have the 1000. I like it. I wish I had another. Some cheaper lights might not penetrate the canopy. That 2000 must be nice!

The new light has made all the difference in the world. I can almost see them growing before my eyes. I’ll bet the 1000 is a good light too 😊
I am going to add another 1000. The one without the dimmer is on sale. You don't use the dimmer that much. Maybe for seedlings but I have some lightbulbs for that.l

I found it. Thanks!
The only real issue with that light is longevity. A thin heat sink will inevitably lead to shorter lifespan due to heat. I'm not saying it'll die in 3 months, but it might only lost a couple years, if it gets too warm then put a fan on it.

On a side note I appreciate how they tell you that it only Replaces a 200w HID fixture instead of inflating the output.

The only real issue with that light is longevity. A thin heat sink will inevitably lead to shorter lifespan due to heat. I'm not saying it'll die in 3 months, but it might only lost a couple years, if it gets too warm then put a fan on it.

On a side note I appreciate how they tell you that it only Replaces a 200w HID fixture instead of inflating the output.
My SF2000 doesn’t really get that warm. It’s been running constantly now for almost 2 years. I have been very satisfied with it. When I started looking for a light for my veg tent I considered another SF but knew I only had my light experience to compare it to. I decided to go with the MARS2000 instead which seemed comparable to the SF. I can tell you that I am equally impressed with it and so are my vegging plants which seem to be growing fast enough to actually watch them grow before my eyes. Will be interesting to actually compare the two lights now.

Latest posts

Back