slow growing plant! Help PLZ!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycloneare1

Reaction score
Ok so as far as marijuana goes i am not exactly a newbie, i have been smoking for at least 8 years, however i am fairly new to growing and have run into some problems. i have a 3 week old plant that is not growing at the rate i had hoped it would, keep in mind this is my first time growing. dont get me wrong it hast stopped growing it is just doing so very slowly. first off i have a decent grow box (i was instructed on how to make one from a friend with some experience), and some fairly good soil. the plant is 4" tall and has some trouble supporting its own weight. it has 3 "nodes" i believe they are called but idk (sets of leaves???)...i have a 150 watt fluorescent bulb that is hanging 5 inches from the plant. i do not have a ph tester but plan on investing in one. i do not know the strain but i pretty much only smoke high quality schwag and i am not expecting to grow the best plant ever or anything, i just want it to live long enough for me to enjoy smoking it. please anyone i need some advice...why is my plant growing so slowly?

nada2.JPG

How often do you water?..do you have a fan blowing on her? that will strengthen up the stem for the fat buds shes going to hold..Good luck keep us posted

Wassup cyclone?,
For starters i would be inclined to say that she looks waterlogged!. I also dont think that your 150watt flourecent will give off enough lumens for it to sustain vigorus growth. You should for the moment lower the flourecent down to about 2 Inches above the plant, you have to keep it cool enough also. Can you get away with placing this plant outside??, it would definetly grow fast and strong then!. If your stuck inside try investing in a 250watt h.p.s, there rather cheap to run and do excelent for small setups(4 plants and under). Give us some more info on what's going on and will do our best to help you out man, i hope this info is useful. Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

yeah, ive been watering it once a day in pretty good amounts, i was worried that it was over-watered. how often should i water it? and, if there is a correct amount of water to use that might be helpful too! i plan on purchasing an h.p.s but idk when i can get to home depot, i live in the middle of nowhere and the closest store that sells those is an hour away...is it absouletly imperitive that i buy one of these or can i get by without? if it is necessary how soon should i purchase this? also, should i be concerned that the plant is growing so slow? maybe im just paranoid but i really care about the plant and want it to make it so i just want to get all the info i can...thank you all for your help, i really do appreciate it!

HELLO...Well 1st off yes to much water let the soil dry out before you water again You should get more of those lights that you have cfl's are fine for VEG but hps are better for FLOWERING...by the looks of your little lady you still have a few weeks befor flowering...Now if you wanted to you could grow the plant all the way through the grow cycle with the cfl's but you would have to get the right spectrum of lights....But for flowering HPS is the best hope this helps and good luck on your grow....

hey friend..invest n a moister meter..they R like $15 wallmart..with the lights you have you may only need to water once a week..you need to allow the medium to dry out completely, not just the top layer..the roots need oxygen my fiend..let them dry befor watering again..Hope this helps

Too much water, not enough nutrients in the soil can stunt the plant's growth. I have a few plants, one is 2 years old, her daughters are around 3 months. Save for the newest clones, my plants are close to 3 feet in height. I let the soil completely dry out (not rock solid though) before watering them and fertilize them once every second week using liquified worm castings. The plants love it. If you can, you may also want to try alternating between cfls and natural light.

How big is the pot youre growing in? Your plant maybe root bound, Root growth=overall plant growth. In other words, plant size is going to be proportional to your pot size.
Yea keep your fluoro as close as possible without burning it. For veg use a 6500K light.
Water it ONLY when it needs ot be watered, that is water it when the top 2 inches of soil are bone dry. When it comes to watering, less is more. You will learn when your plant needs water, itll just droop over but once you water it youl seeit back up again. Once again this will promote root growth by forcing the roots search for the water. Personally, I water my plants once every 2-3 days under my fluoros but when I do I make sure it is bone dry and then I water it thoroughly. Sum1 said this b4, "your plant is more likely to survive a drought than it is to survive a flood".

First of all Ph is the most important thing when growing indoors....If the PH isnt right the plant isnt going to be able to take in the right ammount of nutrients,also it could be a lack of Phosferous symtoms are: purple stems,stunted growth,Nutrient lock out etc....INVEST in a PH tester

Latest posts

Back