Sorry for the newb question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiero_

Ill literate
Reaction score
Is it at all possible to grow with absolutely no money whatsoever? I mean, literally zero dollars to spend on any equipment. This question is not for me, it's for a friend of mine who asked me to post the question once he learned I was posting here.

HippyInEngland said:
The plant has been growing free for thousands of years, it is us who decided to spend money on it.
Yeah, but the plant has only been growing free in certain regions/climates. I'm in the sun dominated northern California, if that helps at all?

i grow some outdoor plants and all i spend on them is gas for the fourwheeler to go check on them. oh and i guess some fertilizer to give them when i go see them. but nutes aren't that high.

ZERO dollars? How about spending like one dollar on one of those cheapo bags of top soil at Home Depot or whereever? That's most likely way better than your existing soil.

Or, I guess if you really wanted to spend absolutely nothing, you could compost some soil and find some worms to put in it.

Appreciate the answers guys! For the record it was more of a hypothetical debate with my friend that needed resolution than an actual genuine question. :)
So in other words, I know soil and nutes are good. Is it still possible to have a successful grow without them, and if you could give me a vague concept of what kind of yield you'd get that would be great too!

it depends on where you put them i guess. different places have different soil.. but they can grow in natural ground with out us feeding them. as far as how much they will produce to many variables to say. but they will produce budz

Latest posts

Back