space and nasa and all others that fall into category? fake or fiction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is space exploration as the way it is displayed real or not

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
T

the widowmaker

I've just been watching some nasa stuff on youtube and whatever and the thought dawned on me, is this real.

With computer effects and whatever its quite easy to produce the films they do.

Now I know they have supposedly been doing space tests and exploration for some time now but it just seems to hard to believe for me now.

So they are building this space station and i'm pressuming its going to take guys up there to build it, so how does this work, its not like a mini bus to work or nothing, the cost to get a shuttle up there and back to get the guys out there working and to get the materials up there seems far fetched. What do these guys do for breaks and how long do they stay up there.

Theres so many things to doubt it on, i really wonder if its real at all or just a show they put on so they can hide where the money is really going. :backpocket:

I'm quite sure of the contrary. I used to live in Florida and loved to watch the launches. I grew up reading and visiting museums, The Air and Space Museum in D.C is awesome and the actual decommissioned and used space ships are there. Being in and around a prestigious University on some occasions I'm exposed to aeronautical engineering students and the like who can blow your mind with just a few words if you ask the right questions. But then again my favorite show is Star Trek TNG and I've been in love with the concept my whole life, so I'm a biased sample.;)

i can assure you that the hubble telescope is real, that it has required repairs, and that the shuttle went there and back. more than that I can not say for sure.

Just for a bit of factual information for you, NASA astronauts were able to place a mirror onto the moons surface in a prior landing that NASA is now able to bounce a laser off of from Earth...

the widowmaker said:
So they are building this space station and i'm pressuming its going to take guys up there to build it, so how does this work, its not like a mini bus to work or nothing, the cost to get a shuttle up there and back to get the guys out there working and to get the materials up there seems far fetched. What do these guys do for breaks and how long do they stay up there.
Well i believe the space station has been manned from pretty much the time its been up there so far, thers astronauts that i know that has steyed there for 6 months, or so,. it really takes a highly trained person to achieve this and it has been happening for quite some time now my friend.. its just now that they are finally putting more efort into it and are working on expanding its size.. :aok:

smotpoker said:
Just for a bit of factual information for you, NASA astronauts were able to place a mirror onto the moons surface in a prior landing that NASA is now able to bounce a laser off of from Earth...

its a retroreflector. U of H has an observatory. we used a green laser to measure the distance from earth to the moon.

Did the X-Prize won buy microsoft co founder Paul Allen and aeronautical genius Burt Rutan mean nothing to you?

I mean, these guyz sent space ship one up into the outer limits of our atmosphere. Let see that was a composite ship that fell through the re entry at a slow enuf speed to not create enuf friction to heat up. The japanese have been exploring building their spacecrafts out of paper for cry'n out loud. to keep it light enuf to not pick up speed during re entry. thats not far off from what burt routan did with the composite.

so build, test, and launch a private aircraft for 7 million? or let take nasa take BILLIONS of dollars per launch of US tax payer money to send an old piece of crap to space.

We have the technology right now to tera form mars, occupy it, and commute between panets. as a matter of fact, its only a six month voyage with the technolgy we have now!

:holysheep:

We are the seeds of the universe. just like blowing on a dandy lion......they just don't want you to know.....

allgrownup said:
]
We are the seeds of the universe. just like blowing on a dandy lion......they just don't want you to know.....

Where no one has gone before! :shocked:

I htink everything thats presented is true because we really aint accomplished ****.....we got a long way to go to expodite this world and weve barely scratched the surface......we have a lot longer to go than what weve researched.....the moon landing aint ****, no need to fake it other countrys have acomplished it, take 400 billion out of Iraq and give it to NASA then you'll see some **** ya might have to question...

oops sry fergot language was censored didn't mean to be so crass....

Latest posts

Back