Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Spectrum Change

SkunkFart8429

Reaction score
I am a new gardener and have 2 new beauties that are just out of seedling stage and r doing really well. While I was researching the strain of seeds I had chosen (red Dwarf) I read that it was produced by breeding an auto flowering strain w a non auto flowering strain.

I have a few questions that I hope some of the more experienced gardeners can help me with.

Do I need to change the light time, Spectrum or fertilizer to produce the buds I want or will these produce buds while under blue spectrum 18/6 using veg fertilizer? I have the red spectrum lights and the flowering fertilizer and am gonna switch unless I hear from a reliable source that these auto flowering plants do all we need them to do under normal veg conditions.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Grow big....:icon_smile:

SkunkFart8429

Reaction score
Right now I'm using LED but am about to add 2- 2 bulb t-5 florescent tube fixtures as well.

I have been growing using 18/6 for a little over a month now and have lots of long white fuzzy hairs at every branch. Would it be too late to switch my light time to 24 or should I just leave them at 18/6 and treat this batch like standard (non auto flowering) plants?

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
20/4 is best for Autos...I Run my Veg area at 24/0 And mine did okay...

take care and be safe

SkunkFart8429

Reaction score
i can't find anything about Red Dwarf being an Auto just that it was developed by breeding an auto w a non auto.

Sorry for so many questions. The little lovelies r doing really well and I am about to top them. I am considering treating them as if they were standards. Maybe next crop I'll do more research before I plant...

Reaction score
SkunkFart8429 said:
i can't find anything about Red Dwarf being an Auto just that it was developed by breeding an auto w a non auto.

Sorry for so many questions. The little lovelies r doing really well and I am about to top them. I am considering treating them as if they were standards. Maybe next crop I'll do more research before I plant...
LOL--have you done a goggle search? I couldn't find anything about Red Dwarf NOT being an auto. Ever where I looked, the first thing it says is that it is an autoflowering plant.

I would not top them. You cannot treat autos like photoperiod plants (unless they do not auto, and yours are). They live a certain lifespan and anything that stresses them and causes a slow up in growth will affect yield.

I agree that a little more research and study will benefit your next crop.

SkunkFart8429

Reaction score
I've got some Big Bud seeds that I'm gonna try next time. I'm looking forward to seeing why it's called "Big Bud"...

Latest posts