speedy veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was wondering the general consensus of speedy veg. i didn't notice it being mentioned on here and was curious what experience others have had with this product. does it do what they say, is it as good as they say, do they stand behind their product and is it worth the investment cost?

Speedy Veg was pulled off the shelves of several grow stores as the claims on it were sketchy.

It claims it helps plants in "2-3 weeks" and yet fails to address cannabis plants GROW in 2-3 weeks. Total bunk. Fail.

Never heard of it. I don't believe you can speed up the maturity of a plant.
Correct.
Too funny... I found this page because we have just finished dealing with a second client who used Speedy Veg and then had massive problems with testing.

thank you all for your consolation.

i bought and used speedy veg last year, and followed the directions per the website and packaging--1 scoop/4-8 ounces of water/plant, feed every watering. it really cooked my plants. i cut the dosage in half and it still burnt them and have finally got it to about .5 scoop/1 gallon of water, feed every third watering (and that is even hot). i will mention the company does state a 100% money back guarantee if not satisfied, i was not and contacted the company 3x--none of which they responded. they sent me some pending sale information which i politely responded, to shake hands with shorty. (if you think about it, you'll get it).

with that being said, the product did seem to spur the plants into growing more quickly. so in the true sense of the product, yes, it did work. i would not recommend its use on seedlings or young plants but once they develop, paring the dosage way down from company suggestion would be prudent.

the product is not cheap by any means but a bottle has 100 servings and that would be at the recommended dosage of a full scoop/feeding/plant. cut that in half or thirds you have double or triple the contained amount.

at present, i have only seedling plants to compare so no photographs.

Dave, the owner of the company, hates cannabis and doesnt grow. Ironic you talked about servings! We TOLD him that was a stupid word to use for growers.. lol. I work with www.tribeawake.com We declined to work with him because his stuff fried plants.

the product does work if you really pare down the amount given to that recommended. as mentioned previously, i am using <.5 scoop/gallon of pHed water and it still is a wee bit hot. maybe .25 scoop/gallon of water may work better. still working it out.
my wife's house plants seem to thrive on the stuff and have flowered like never before.

is it a bad product? not necessarily. the company does not seem to care about their customers and any promises made by them are completely hollow.

So using it at recommended strength kills the plants? Using it pared down is fine?

Why do you think its ok for people to kill their plants to find out that its too hot for plants? Bottom line, if used as suggested, it kills plants. If it kills plants, its NOT good for plants. The owner of the company does not smoke cannabis. He made it very clear he thinks all smokers arent up to par with his non-cannabis lifestyle.

He made the product for ONE reason, to make money. He was given information from people who grow cannabis for a living how to better his product. He made it *VERY* clear he cares not a whit about the person whose plants he kills. Do some research to find out where the owner of this company is. I dont think he is walking in free society. You go ahead and market their product to help kill plants. :)

I'll stick with Great White Shark, which does a far better job, and is half the cost.

whoa, whoa, whoa chief! i never said for people to use the product to kill their plants. the salient concern was: does it work? in used in moderation, yes it does. i don't care about the owner and his affinity toward hooch plants; it makes no difference in the overall scheme of things.
the issue is, if it will help your plants grow--and it does. your opinion is if it doesn't work to your standards, it's a failure. i disagree wholeheartedly.
if the owner of miraclegro came out and stated he dislikes hooch plants, your approach would be not to use miraclegro--even though it may help others.
further, you said, He made the product for ONE reason, to make money. who doesn't design a product to make money?? do you think the owner of great white shark(??) isn't intending to make money on his product or he/they just wanted to make it to be friendly and helpful and expect no revenue on their product?
get your facts right and climb down off your high horse, sally.

Last edited:
whoa, whoa, whoa chief! i never said for people to use the product to kill their plants. the salient concern was: does it work? in used in moderation, yes it does. i don't care about the owner and his affinity toward hooch plants; it makes no difference in the overall scheme of things.
the issue is, if it will help your plants grow--and it does. your opinion is if it doesn't work to your standards, it's a failure. i disagree wholeheartedly.
if the owner of miraclegro came out and stated he dislikes hooch plants, your approach would be not to use miraclegro--even though it may help others.
further, you said, He made the product for ONE reason, to make money. who doesn't design a product to make money?? do you think the owner of great white shark(??) isn't intending to make money on his product or he/they just wanted to make it to be friendly and helpful and expect no revenue on their product?
get your facts right and climb down off your high horse, sally.

What you should care about... is causing others to kill their plants. What you say in this forum means nothing to those who never read it, buy the product, and then kill their plants. It does NOT make your plants grow any more or less than they would without it. You would do far better with Great White Shark, at least it works.

Using as directed will kill your plants. Its real simple. Its a bad product. Even you cant argue... the product is designed to KILL PLANTS if you follow the directions. YOU SAID SO! rofl... you are trying to argue this product is good, when you have already stated that to use as directed will do harm. And he is making money HARMING plants? And you think this is good?

GEEE>..... when most people make products to make money... they make them so that the product improves something in the customers life. This guy KNEW it was killing plants.. and put it out that way, to do JUST THAT!

He designed this to KILL PLANTS so he could MAKE MONEY. People design products, and give directions on how to use those products, to do no harm, and to improve their customers plants.

My facts are correct, snowflake. You make products to PERFORM CORRECTLY. He did not! He made a product, and put directions on said product and you have already found out... to follow those directions KILLS PLANTS! You want to support a bad product, knowing full well that someone who does not read this forum would never know how extreme the dilution must be to have the product work correctly.

The owner of miraclegro does NOT make a product that was designed to work on cannabis. So I could care less what he says, but, if you think Miraclegro is for cannabis, then that speaks volumes for your lack of industry knowledge regarding cannabis nutrients.

i've said all i am going to say. you like your product, go ahead and use it. i never said to use miracle gro for hooch--you read into that. i NEVER said the product was good. i said i does work when pared down. if you are going to quote, do it properly.
good luck with your plants cupcake.

drcree - i was able to read your posts and understand that you are not supporting the product. reading comprehension is maybe becoming a lost art? jazzy should probably go find another forum to spew her nasty rhetoric on...

Latest posts

Back