SPIDER FARMER SF4000 LED Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does any one use this light? Is it worth it.
I’ve had the SF2000 for a year and a half. It’s been running constantly I’m very happy with the sf products including their tent which is very good quality with extras I didn’t noticed until I got another one from a different maker. I’ll bet that SF4000 would be the jam. What size is your tent or grow area?

I'm growing outside. Would it be supplemental 😁

I’ve had the SF2000 for a year and a half. It’s been running constantly I’m very happy with the sf products including their tent which is very good quality with extras I didn’t noticed until I got another one from a different maker. I’ll bet that SF4000 would be the jam. What size is your tent or grow area?
I have a 3x3 and a 5x5, I normally grow out side but my wife wants to go back to the tents. I want to try supercropping my plants and lollypop them.

I have a 3x3 and a 5x5, I normally grow out side but my wife wants to go back to the tents. I want to try supercropping my plants and lollypop them.
I have two 2x4 tents. The other tent has a MarsHydro2000 also so far a very nice light. I was using it as a veg ten light while my flower tent finished up. The plants got giant in there before the flower tent was ready. You talk about supercropping, I had a mess bending and folding and squashing everything under a net to hold it down. I’m hoping I have enough top space in my tent for the flower stretch

lol. Mrs Fogey doesn’t like me growing in the yard and I don’t have 10 ft trees. She would be a stress case… ;)

I might be wrong, maybe it was another brand, did gmo used to have one of those? I have always heard good things, likely similar to Mars hydro. You can spend more or less, in the end you picks your choices and pays your money.

For double the price 1000ish you can get the photontek like Boo has been using, excellent. Indoors Ive been using Mars Hydro, which is very similar quality wise to what you are asking about. I'm happy. Still would like Photontek.

There is something out their for every dollar ya got!

Bubba

I might be wrong, maybe it was another brand, did gmo used to have one of those? I have always heard good things, likely similar to Mars hydro. You can spend more or less, in the end you picks your choices and pays your money.

For double the price 1000ish you can get the photontek like Boo has been using, excellent. Indoors Ive been using Mars Hydro, which is very similar quality wise to what you are asking about. I'm happy. Still would like Photontek.

There is something out their for every dollar ya got!

Bubba
that photontek is gonna produce at least a lb. with 2 plants...I let them get carried away when the timer slipped...had I been paying attention I would have had 2 very nice plants, not plantzillas...12" from the lights and going strong, minimal leaf burn...

I have a Spider Farmer and like it a lot. I have had it for almost two years and it has been on every since, like Hotel 8. I don't run it at night. My light cuts through the canopy which cheaper lights won't do very well. There are probably better lights out there but for the price the SFs are a good deal.

If I was going to buy another light, I would get a Spider Farmer light. I have only heard good things about them and seen some nice grows with them. As I recall, like me, you grow for personal consumption. For me, I can’t justify spending the money on a high end light. The higher yield(and probably somewhat better quality) of high end lights would swamp me with more bud than I could smoke(and share) in my lifetime. When I was looking at them last year, the manufacturer claimed it was sufficient for a 4x4 tent. Now on Amazon, they say it is good for a 5x5. Looking at the PPFD map though, it still has values for a 4x4 footprint. There is data out there indicating the 700-900 umols is what the plant needs in flower(up to 1500 I think though a lot of growers say you need CO2 supplementation to take advantage of the higher ‘intensity’). Since I can’t find a PPFD map for a 5x5 footprint, it is hard to say how well(and how evenly) it would illuminate a 5x5.

If I was going to buy another light, I would get a Spider Farmer light. I have only heard good things about them and seen some nice grows with them. As I recall, like me, you grow for personal consumption. For me, I can’t justify spending the money on a high end light. The higher yield(and probably somewhat better quality) of high end lights would swamp me with more bud than I could smoke(and share) in my lifetime. When I was looking at them last year, the manufacturer claimed it was sufficient for a 4x4 tent. Now on Amazon, they say it is good for a 5x5. Looking at the PPFD map though, it still has values for a 4x4 footprint. There is data out there indicating the 700-900 umols is what the plant needs in flower(up to 1500 I think though a lot of growers say you need CO2 supplementation to take advantage of the higher ‘intensity’). Since I can’t find a PPFD map for a 5x5 footprint, it is hard to say how well(and how evenly) it would illuminate a 5x5.
4x4. Look at cocoforcannabis.com for there light reviews. Lots to be learned about measure ment of par, and how it changes with height and square footage.

Pay attention at the height they are using for specific results and how it changes. Plan your tent to allow for this height.

These modern lights, like phototek have an advantage boo just pointed out. These can get within 12 inches with no burn, I have to be 18 to 20 inches to avoid burn. I just lost 8 to 10 inches of height...

Bubba

The Spider Farmer literature has grid maps for different ‘fly heights’. PPFD is a measure of par per square area per second(pretty sure I am saying that correctly). Companies that show PPFD at different fly heights(if truthful) are doing it right. Spectral range and amplitude are also important. I like my lights to have some UV component as trichomes are supposed to be like sunscreen for cannabis flowers. I’m no scientist. This is all just what I have read and I am not a prolific enough grower to do side by side comparisons.

Corners will be far weaker in 5x5. As light goes up, middle par values decrease, corners increase. Ask you lower, corners go down and middle rises in par value. All this changes as height or square footage increase.

The Spider Farmer literature has grid maps for different ‘fly heights’. PPFD is a measure of par per square area per second(pretty sure I am saying that correctly). Companies that show PPFD at different fly heights(if truthful) are doing it right. Spectral range and amplitude are also important. I like my lights to have some UV component as trichomes are supposed to be like sunscreen for cannabis flowers. I’m no scientist. This is all just what I have read and I am not a prolific enough grower to do side by side comparisons.
And infrared as well…

Corners will be far weaker in 5x5. As light goes up, middle par values decrease, corners increase. Ask you lower, corners go down and middle rises in par value. All this changes as height or square footage increase.
Inverse square law. Light intensity decreases by distance squared but that can be manipulated with reflectors or lenses.

1500 will fry them silly. 1000 to 1100 is about max unless CO2 is utilized, which I don't mess with. Most who do aren't doing it right from what I see.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back