starting second grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

depetreono

Reaction score
I'm a week Into my second grow. Shiva same strain as the first. Started nutes yesterday. Have 9 plants total going to take the best six to go in the big pots and toss the rest. Not enough room. Pics of grow setup coming soon.

so clean

IMAG0170.jpg

remember that look it will be the next cleaning before it looks that way again

If at all possible, rather than destroying the few you plan on removing for lack of space, start someone else you know on a new hobby :) every girl deserves a chance at life if she's got one! If not, space can definitely pose a problem if there's not enough so say a prayer and hey, if it's at all possible, even plant them in some random outdoor location, and let mother nature take care of them for you! Always makes me feel better about the idea of destroying good ladies

Mojo for the grow...ya said you a week into a new grow and feeding all ready?..Im pulling up me milk cate to fallow along

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

I actually did find someone to take the 3. I didn't want to destroy something I created lol. Thanks for the good wishes. I'll try not to let down the good ppl of mjpassion.

depetreono said:
I actually did find someone to take the 3. I didn't want to destroy something I created lol. Thanks for the good wishes. I'll try not to let down the good ppl of mjpassion.

Good karma will befall you for that choice without a doubt my good fellow. I just harvested my first of 3 plants today. I said a little prayer and then said thank you and chop chop chop! I posted some pics in my journal of what i've hung so far!

if your wondering what the bowls full of water are, its sugar water with insecticide in it i had a little bug problem. i think its a root knat i believe they are called. tryin to eliminate it before it gets seriouse.

IMAG0171.jpg

PartyBro420 said:
Good karma will befall you for that choice without a doubt my good fellow. I just harvested my first of 3 plants today. I said a little prayer and then said thank you and chop chop chop! I posted some pics in my journal of what i've hung so far!

i checked out your grow journal congrades on picking the hobby back up. i love growing.

My set up is 3'x4' space 600w mh/hps. Using general organic nutrients full line up from there sample pack. Every other watering. And using ff big bloom and humboldt roots in the other watering, a light mix though to prevent nute burn. 100% organic. And recycled soil from last grow.

depetreono said:
My set up is 3'x4' space 600w mh/hps. Using general organic nutrients full line up from there sample pack. Every other watering. And using ff big bloom and humboldt roots in the other watering, a light mix though to prevent nute burn. 100% organic. And recycled soil from last grow.

Why a light mix of nutes? I always push my nutes until I see a little nute burn and then pull back a tiny. I believe that your girls do best when they are fed as much "food" as they can utilize.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Why a light mix of nutes? I always push my nutes until I see a little nute burn and then pull back a tiny. I believe that your girls do best when they are fed as much "food" as they can utilize.

using ff big bloom and humboldt roots in the other watering, is my lite mixture. bc i give full strength with all nutes in my main feeding. if i do both feedings full strength it will give nute burn. thats why i backed it off a little. my general organic line up's root nute is a little weak i found out from last grow. and i just add the ff BB. bc it has guana and worm castings which G.O. is also lacking on. just tryin to make the soil happy.

im about 2 1/2 weeks into the grow. just moved the girls to their perminant homes. down to only 6 from the 9 i started with. finally got my fungus gnat problem gone, those little things are persistant. within 2 weeks they should be in the 12"-15" range and ill be switching to 12/12 lighting and switch bulbs from MH to HPS.

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

Just added an 1" 1/2 of clay pellets on the top of my soil so my roots can grow rite to the surface and maximize my soil usage. Also trimmed bottom 2" of my plants.

Also had a question. As my plant gets older will it be able to handle more nutes? Or do they just reach a max?

Thank you for any answers.

i believe so, the bigger the plants the more water as well b/c of the roots.

My fungus gnat problem seems to have not gone away. I read that mixing a 1:4 hydrogen peroxide/ water would kill larvae in soil on contact has anyone tried this out?

I'm getting retarded leaf development all of a sudden. Instead of 5 parts to the fan leaves they are like 3 or 2 and a couple have just 1. What's going on? How do I fix this?!?

Latest posts

Back