Swiching To Hydroponics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimsonUndertow

Passionate Grower
Reaction score
I'm currently in veg state on my third batch. I grow in soil (peat moss). I have been reading up on hydro and had a few questions,

Is it in any way possible to take soil grown, root bound plant (5-6 Weeks) and put it in hydro? (I imagine it would evolve finding a way to free the roots from the soil)

I read in Green Mans guide that soil fertilizers are no good for hydro, is there any other way. I don't have access to hydro fertilizer.

well man you should just stick it out with this grow. and of course you have access to hydro fertz, you are using the internet to talk to us on here right. with the internet you have the world at your fingertips, literally.but really i dotn think it would be wise to make the move, would probably hermie, due to root damage during the transplantation. If you do thought, you can seperate the dirt from the roots, its just gonna take puring alot of water over them and slow pulling. but like i said this will be very stressfull to the plant and dont yah think the negatives would outweight the positives in this situation

As bluealein said..... you CAN move it to a hydro system, but would take a LOT of care and then I would veg the plant fo at least a couple more weeks in the hydro system to restrengthen the root system before throwing it into flower. By the time you did all that and get your nutes all figured out and all, you would have a beast on your hands.

Latest posts

Back