T5 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

that_girl

Reaction score
Do the lamps also need to be changed after a few times, like in HPS? looking to buy a used one.
Thanks all:icon_smile:

They last longer then hps.

I run mine until I noticed diminished growth or the bulb burns out. Usually it is when the bulb burns out.

am wondering how often they change the t5 myself...Im sure Ill be changing every year...like I do the HD lights..not sure the run life of them..

you buying a used fixture...or bulbs?..

Thank you all!!! :fly::fly::fly:
i'm looking into buying a used[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] Sunleaves Pioneer VIII Jr. T5 Fluorescent Fixture.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] I remember reading that The Hemp Goddess grew under those almost all the way...
Its $299 on the website and $200 on CL
[/FONT].

The Hemp Goddess uses t-5's for veg and hps for flower.

Weedhopper did an entire grow using t-5's once, then he also converted over to hps.

You might find something a bit cheaper here

hBIUp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/hydrofarm-flp28-2ft-lamp-t5-fluorescent-grow-light-p-2831.html

This is a 2' 8 bulb for $150

King Bud said:
Google says! : 25,000 hrs

T5s are awesome.

is that like 3 years ...if ya run 24/7?

Im stoned

I think I might be wrong.. there're sometimes different ratings for if you use it for a grow, or just as a shop light.

Maybe a year, or year and a half, would be more accurate?

Dunno exactly~

Mine lasted till someone took them.. or did I sell them? :s

I am with pc...I have had mine for quite a while now and still on the same bulbs. If I notice growth rates slow or one burns out it will get replaced, otherwise i will let these rock.

oops forgot about Google:stoned:... Thanks PCDuck for saving me $:cool2:. i can wait a couple of weeks on the T5.

If you look at the bulbs when they are new then look at them after about 6months you will notice a considerable loss in brightness. I change mine about every 6 months :)

Latest posts

Back