T5's with grow tubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnybuds

Reaction score
If you have 4 4 foot long t5 Bloom tubes on top and two on each side that are grow tubes t12's will that be good or bad for budding?

I need to see if adding the two tubes on eather side will help the plants bloom or being grow tubes will it hurt or is it a waist.

Thanks johnnybuds

johnnybuds said:
If you have 4 4 foot long t5 Bloom tubes on top and two on each side that are grow tubes t12's will that be good or bad for budding?

I need to see if adding the two tubes on eather side will help the plants bloom or being grow tubes will it hurt or is it a waist.

Thanks johnnybuds

:cool: sounds ok but neaver tryed it carnt go wrong with the ole hps..
good luck pal..

maverick said:
:cool: sounds ok but neaver tryed it carnt go wrong with the ole hps..
good luck pal..

Thats what i think i'll do maverik:) i'm going to look into it tomorrow.

johnnybuds

Depends on what space you're growing in.
I'm flowering successfully under 8 4' t5s. My space is about 4footx3foot.

Bubby said:
Depends on what space you're growing in.
I'm flowering successfully under 8 4' t5s. My space is about 4footx3foot.

Its five feet wide, two feet deep. now i have 4 t12's grow lights. I do want to start the flower stage.

The more i read here i'm learning that HPS is the light to use.

Johnnybuds

That should work. Not sure about the optimal mix of color temps though, guess you'll see if it works.

How does your canopy look? It's best to spread it out like an even layer, so you can lower the fluos right above them.

Haven't had any experience with HPS.. but I'm happy with my T5s for the moment :)

Bubby said:
That should work. Not sure about the optimal mix of color temps though, guess you'll see if it works.

How does your canopy look? It's best to spread it out like an even layer, so you can lower the fluos right above them.

Haven't had any experience with HPS.. but I'm happy with my T5s for the moment :)

Some of the t5's look very good. i like how cool they run and you can get them in bloom or veg. I'm going to make some calls tomorrow but i wont be able to get anything till friday. I'll keep you posted.

Do you have any recomendations on t5's???

Ask for 10 000k, or 14 000k bulbs instead of 6 500k. My supplier doesn't carry them yet. Their spectrum is more centered on blue. The 3 000k bulbs are extremely efficient :aok:

Can't think of much, they've been easy on me once I got them hung. I can have leaves an inch or two away without any harm. Wipe them down every now and then, they seem to attract dust. :confused2:
:D :bong1:

You would not harvest as much as an HPS. Maybe 1/3 and not as dense at all

I called a light suplier last night and the same thing was said. HPS is the way to go.

I have a 5 wide by two feet deep Closet. 400 watts Hps shold cover the minimum for watts?? i think the t5 for now would be great on the sides:D to thicken them up:hubba:

The person sells both and saidin a couple of years the flos will be alot better.

I'll let you know later today:ciao:

another thing with the hps will be the big donations to the power company. your floro's use far less energy...you might also want to do research on led's for specific light spectrums (blue=veg, red=flower)...just an idea.

octobong007 said:
another thing with the hps will be the big donations to the power company. your floro's use far less energy...you might also want to do research on led's for specific light spectrums (blue=veg, red=flower)...just an idea.

But will the outcome be the same??:confused:

johnnybuds said:
But will the outcome be the same??:confused:

nopers, experience is what i'm lacking for the hps lights, but am learning so far...nothing has beat the hps lights...but those led's might be the sun on the horizon (so to speak). with experience i can definately tell ya, not enough light *****!!!! my kids are under the flowering lights for the 2nd time...doing much much better, but i'm upgrading. first time around, i used floro's 48" regular lights, so so on my yield. this time around i'm flowering under (4) 90 led lights with the e-27 socket, (8) 2700k 48" warm floro's, (1) 500 watt cfl and (2) 250 watt-16,000 lumen-flowering warm light cfl...is doing ssswwwweeeeeeeeettt. and the lite bill aint much believe it or not. i actually do want to try an hps set-up to compare. found one for 96 bucks...just dont know if mh or hps is better for flowering.
:48: pass to you.

octobong007 said:
nopers, experience is what i'm lacking for the hps lights, but am learning so far...nothing has beat the hps lights...but those led's might be the sun on the horizon (so to speak). with experience i can definately tell ya, not enough light *****!!!! my kids are under the flowering lights for the 2nd time...doing much much better, but i'm upgrading. first time around, i used floro's 48" regular lights, so so on my yield. this time around i'm flowering under (4) 90 led lights with the e-27 socket, (8) 2700k 48" warm floro's, (1) 500 watt cfl and (2) 250 watt-16,000 lumen-flowering warm light cfl...is doing ssswwwweeeeeeeeettt. and the lite bill aint much believe it or not. i actually do want to try an hps set-up to compare. found one for 96 bucks...just dont know if mh or hps is better for flowering.
:48: pass to you.

HPS is better for flowering:D That i know. i'm so undecited it hurts;) :48: Now back to you:headbang2:

I did it:holysheep: I just ordered the sylverstar 6 tube t5 bloom tubes :hubba: Its 30,000 luminus.

I will let you know when it arives. Hopfully soon i'l be:ccc:

Thank you Everybody:yay: Johnnybuds:D

look at it this way hps will give u more weight but is very hot and costs alot to buy as well as use. i have friends that use t5 lights but are salt water lights with high red and there bud is awasome. i use flourescents for my babies and they are doin fine. another thing i heard is that flouescents give off more uva beams than a hps which makes ur bud have more flavor and smell.

im useing T5 and there great. better for veg then an hps or an mh light cause you can have it really close to the plants and not fear of it getting burnt

dankbud420 said:
look at it this way hps will give u more weight but is very hot and costs alot to buy as well as use. i have friends that use t5 lights but are salt water lights with high red and there bud is awasome. i use flourescents for my babies and they are doin fine. another thing i heard is that flouescents give off more uva beams than a hps which makes ur bud have more flavor and smell.

The heat was the deciding factor. I just might order two two tubes and hang them on the sides(thats 50,000 luminus:hubba: ). I will get the HPS in 600 watts by next year and i plan on using the t5's with the veg lights.

This will be a great inprovment on what i have now.

Johnnybuds:D

BluntFullOfKush said:
im useing T5 and there great. better for veg then an hps or an mh light cause you can have it really close to the plants and not fear of it getting burnt

This is exacly what i will do with them. Thank you all:D

This is a great site with great members:48: let me pass it to all of you:D

the t5 i have is a 2x2 and it has 10,000 lumens and the space i have it in is 3x3.5x1.5 and it working great. i figuer you can veg 4-6 plants in the right size pot and flower 2, maybe good under this light. im finna find out in a few weeks how good it flower

Latest posts

Back