TDubs tiny tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick trichome check…..I think I’m less than two weeks away from harvest. Mostly cloudy, but no amber yet. I’m hoping to harvest at ten weeks. (They’re in week 8 and 9)

I’m considering reducing the light intensity during the last two weeks to protect the terpenes. This is recommended by the Photone lighting app in their Cannabis grow guide. Since I will be lowering the intensity, I’m considering running longer than 12 hours per day (maybe 14 hour days) for the last week. I don’t think the plant will revert to veg mode in one week, and it will allow me to achieve a high DLI with reduced lighting intensity. I don’t know if that makes sense, but I’d like to preserve more aroma.

Also considering a recommendation that I read online to defoliate the week of harvest. Does anyone here defoliate before harvest?

Any input is welcome…..these are just two possible options that I am entertaining to close out this grow. I appreciate the advice.

Hope everyone has a great day!

EDC84173-3CF5-4FC0-959F-143366919B58.png

835CEE74-4F62-4237-8AF8-5E71C602C4A0.png

CD8570A3-B53B-4135-8149-9F1C346BCA97.jpegAFBC6446-695B-4EDE-81FE-14F24D955E26.jpegD72ECC96-BB06-4670-9DEF-0C3F463E0404.jpeg0FBF98CF-E7EB-4605-9960-38D783A618D8.jpegDB269135-C378-4CD6-A048-F357EA1C5636.jpeg1BBF1988-9B25-473A-9C3B-D5AFB7902AC5.jpeg

Quick!! Slap yourself in the face!!!!
Now calm down, you are having a horrible case of GAS. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)
All musicians get it from time to time.
The most important thing a beginner can have is an instrument that stays in tune.
As far as acoustic guitars go, the Seagull is a better guitar than you need at the moment, and you will appreciate it more later on when you have had a chance to compare it to others.
You really need to play awhile before you can even tell if you like one guitar better than another.
I played for a long time before I figured out I preferred a guitar with a wider nut and short scale neck.
The wider nut for fat fingers, and the shorter neck I like better for bending strings.
What kind of electric guitar do you have?

Quick!! Slap yourself in the face!!!!
Now calm down, you are having a horrible case of GAS. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)
All musicians get it from time to time.
The most important thing a beginner can have is an instrument that stays in tune.
As far as acoustic guitars go, the Seagull is a better guitar than you need at the moment, and you will appreciate it more later on when you have had a chance to compare it to others.
You really need to play awhile before you can even tell if you like one guitar better than another.
I played for a long time before I figured out I preferred a guitar with a wider nut and short scale neck.
The wider nut for fat fingers, and the shorter neck I like better for bending strings.
What kind of electric guitar do you have?

Haha….you are right Flower! Im doing my best to avoid GAS, but I’m overwhelmed by options and still in “buying mode” for the new hobby. Yes, the Seagull sounded great when my buddy played it, so there’s nothing wrong with the guitar. I just put lighter coated strings on it yesterday which seemed to improve the sound and made it easier to play chords. I like the Seagull much more with the new strings. I will need to ask the guitar store to see a “short scale neck” or a “wider nut” to see if I like those options better. It’s all so new to me, but it’s nice to know that i have options.

I purchased a Michael Kelly Hybrid 60 electric guitar. It was on a deep deep discount. They are made in South Korea. I liked the hybrid aspect, and it wasn’t a fortune to buy. It feels really good in my hands, but a wider fret would be appreciated if it’s even an option. I don’t know anything else about it, but my plan is to trade this in for a nicer electric guitar if the hobby sticks. Maybe in a year or two ( or ten based on my current progress…haha)

B1B4F1EF-F0C4-47D0-969C-8DC45BCC410C.jpeg

Thanks!! You just saved me some money by steering me away from pedals. I’m under the gun for spending too much on this hobby. HOWEVER….now I’m craving a new amp! Thanks for that…..LOL. I do appreciate the input as this is all new to me.

Thanks Old Fogey, I read some really nice reviews about Taylors and their quality/sound compared to Gibsons and Martins. I’m going to try them out at the guitar store. My Seagull sounds ok, especially now that I’ve changed the strings for the first time ever (5 years later), but it’s not a high end guitar by any means. A 12 string guitar sounds intimidating!
Play one at the music store. It isn’t as intimidating as it sounds. Instead of fretting one string, you fret strings in pairs. They sound amazing. Try an Alvarez or Taylor if they have one. Much easier on the fingers.

The specs on the guitar says it has a
1 5/8” nut. The nut is the part that the strings go through at the top of the neck.
Wider the nut, wider the fret board width.
The Seagull have a wider fret board than the electric?

If you are looking into acoustic guitars, I am a big fan of Taylor’s. The action on them is usually lower so they are easier to play. They have a Baby Taylor that I would love to get as they are pretty portable and actually have a pretty big sound. I bought myself a 12 string Taylor years ago that I rarely play(maybe once a year) but it is always in tune when I take it out of its case. I should sell it so someone would get use out of it but I like to have it around.
I grew up with guitars and loved classical guitar.
I am fortunate to see Andres Segovia in the Avery Fisher Hall in NYC and in Westbury Music fair.

A quick trichome check…..I think I’m less than two weeks away from harvest. Mostly cloudy, but no amber yet. I’m hoping to harvest at ten weeks. (They’re in week 8 and 9)

I’m considering reducing the light intensity during the last two weeks to protect the terpenes. This is recommended by the Photone lighting app in their Cannabis grow guide. Since I will be lowering the intensity, I’m considering running longer than 12 hours per day (maybe 14 hour days) for the last week. I don’t think the plant will revert to veg mode in one week, and it will allow me to achieve a high DLI with reduced lighting intensity. I don’t know if that makes sense, but I’d like to preserve more aroma.

Also considering a recommendation that I read online to defoliate the week of harvest. Does anyone here defoliate before harvest?

Any input is welcome…..these are just two possible options that I am entertaining to close out this grow. I appreciate the advice.

Hope everyone has a great day!

View attachment 320428

View attachment 320427

View attachment 320422View attachment 320423View attachment 320424View attachment 320425View attachment 320426View attachment 320421
I wouldn't go longer than 12 hrs

The wife is working on spring cleaning the greenhouse today, so she is using the Spark out there. Her getting to use it, is partly how I sold her on the idea of getting it. Keep that in mind for future reference, lol.

I wouldn't go longer than 12 hrs
12.5 tops because you might get some nuts on those girls, when lowering intensity consider what red 660 nm will do to those girls instead of 14 hours. It means more to them in terms of trigger winter sun and cause bloom panic. If so some co2 would help the bloom.

Time for my Saturday update….hope everyone is having a great weekend. Not much excitement in the garden as the Godfather OG and LA Peyote Kush have 2 more weeks to go before harvest.

Godfather OG
A4E29630-438B-4EB1-9384-35A179745251.jpeg

LA Peyote Kush
C12191BF-D2E1-4456-B6B1-DFA78AC2B9D9.jpeg

Here is the Purple Ghost Candy. I think she’s ready to he harvested this week. I’m tentatively planning to harvest this on Wednesday. This is week 10 of a strain that is reported to run 10-12 weeks, so a little more time shouldn’t hurt.

Looks like she had a little too many nutrients too based on curled leaves. I’m backing off the nutrients (half for Micro and and Bloom) for the final week.

AA9CEB7B-ED72-4494-81C3-1881BA99B6B1.jpeg4417F0BE-2F7F-40A0-80DA-905EFAD85D77.jpegD851A24A-4C35-40BE-A5BA-ACA9E8A8C77A.jpeg

And the all-important trichome check. I’m having difficulty capturing a great photo, but these turned out clear enough to see a few amber and plenty of cloudy trichomes.

77A1B8FA-14EC-43ED-92FF-2B13608DF881.jpeg
CA899FC5-4F2C-4BAA-97C8-C2445F8C0D51.jpeg
58FD02F7-3C62-47D6-A56A-AD1A679AB361.jpeg
6566FE68-6817-404B-8C5C-37F7AFB6D079.jpeg

Latest posts

Back