The Beatles Vs Rush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE BEATLES OR RUSH

• THE BEATLES #1

• RUSH........LOSERS

Results are only viewable after voting.
LOL Draston!!

I like KISS too. But not as much as you like them. I won tickets about 10 yrs ago and it was a very good show. :)

Kiss puts on an awesome show, no doubt. I wish they'd do 1 last tour so I could see them :(.

You've never seen them?

I had an LP with Peter Kris's face on it when I was a little kid int he 70s LOL.

AlienBait said:
Hate to get into the middle of you two... , But I like them both. The styles are so different, it is not a good comparison.

I will say, though, Rush's technical skills are better than the Beatles, but I really don't like anything by Rush after Power Windows....
O, there's no question there is a time for Rush, but when I'm tokin only The Beatles will do.

Who put this crappiness that is Rush in the same thread with THE BEATLES? Stray away from the radio and listen to some good beatles songs. With a little from my friends, Rocky Raccoon, Polythene Pam, Happiness is a warm gun, etc, etc...I could go on forever.

lol yes!!!! YELLOW SUBMARINE,IMAGINE,REVOLUTION,HEY JUDE, ROCKY RACCOON, GOOD DAY SUNSHINE, SOMETHING IN THE WAY, OCTOPUS'S GARDEN,BLACK BIRD OH MY GOD I COULD GO ONE FOREVER TOO!!!!!!!

rush is awesome and technicaly rush is hands down better.but how do you not like the beatles either so you could argue that there would be no rush without paul john ringo and george. but if its my coin going in the jukebox im picking limelite

Who cares after you see this you won't even think about the Beatles or Rush cause these guys are the greatest band ever and they just reunited

hxxp://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174022,00.html

Somebody please shoot me:fid:

I'm going to see Rush July 12th.. WOOOO

I also saw Kiss and Arrowsmith 3 times..

N1XON™ said:
I'm going to see Rush July 12th.. WOOOO

I also saw Kiss and Arrowsmith 3 times..

Me too....well in just a few weeks. :D Yet I dont know any of their stuff past 1990. I better catch up.

Kindbud said:
you are crazy mom the beatles are better then rush anydayso i wonder if their not beter then rush why did THE ROLLING STONES MAGAZINE RANK THE BEATLES #1 THATS #1 ON THEIR LIST OF 100 GREATEST ARTIST OF ALL TIME NOT RUSH GAME OVER! i would rather listen to talk radio then rush

Dude, I respect your opinion, but that's what is is.... an opinion. It's your personal taste in music. I LOVE The Beatles. It's the music that I grew up on along with others such as The Beach Boys, and Do Wop, myself being 53 1/2 years of age.

But RUSH's music......AAAAHHHHH, the magnificent lyrical, poetic lyrics, the MUSIC, just makes me melt.....
The Beatles were waaaaaayyyy ahead of their time, but RUSH's music reaches me in a way that no Beatles tune can.

EDIT

BTW, smokingmom, that Jessiaca Rabbit Avatar is HOT!!! LOL

well i have to say this poll was the only one ive ever taken and didnt have to put any thought into it.

da' beat'lls for me ;)

I know this thread is old...but I found it. LOL My dad has , well I guess I can't say, it would ID him but he is a huge Beatles fan, dealer, collector - yet he has only seen Paul but has seen Rush (who he told me he likes too!). Rush's number 1 hits could be eclipsed by just one Beatles album, that's the test of the tides, not us here... but the rest of the world.
See, he made me grow up with The Beatles!!! No dispute with anyone - personal preference is always what matters. I love SmokinMom so i don't want to make her mad!!! :p

I love Garbage! :p

this thread reminds me of another thread in another forum i started.
Asking who is better "Rush" or "The Beatles is like asking who is better "Foreigner"or "journey"

Not good comparisons. they are all great in their own right.

By the way, has anyone seen the movie "Across The Universe." ?
Great flick. most of the beatles best songs are represented and done well.

For what they are, they're both pretty well.
Not really two bands you can compare side by side. The Beatles being a Pop band that hit the market when the pickings were ripe. They had their share of good and bad creativity, but on the whole create envoking musical that is entertaining, if nothing esle.

Rush is what I would call alternative, maybe progressive rock for it's ability to almost create it's own genre of story-telling music. Very under-rated Canadian band that does not get enough credit for the albums they have. Which are solid front to back.

These two bands are two different ends of the spectrum.

Both have loyal followings in theri own countries, whereas the Beatles have a more widespread following.

Music is very subjective, how can you have a right and wrong answer, you can't. Go to a Rush concert and see thousands digging it and try to tell me they are all wrong... you can't, it's about what way music makes you feel and that is their experience. You next poll should be "What is better, food or air?" :)

Me personally, I'm a Beatles nut :) So much so that they poisoned two years of my life and I hardly listened to anything else. The harmonies are what I love. Rush is good too, and as someone mentioned they are very technical and that is thier thing. What does it for me is hearing two voices singing in harmony, the Lennon/McCartney harmonies were something else.

A couple of my favorite Beatles harmonies:

If I Fell (Go download this and listen right now if you want to hear how harmony is done!)

This Boy

Words of Love (Buddy Holly cover but wicked, how low can Lennon goooo...)

I Feel Fine (Just listen how great McCartney and Harrison sounds over Lennon as they go into the bridge, "I'm so glad...". Just coming up with those harmonies is amazing in itself, not even mentioning the execution!)

The Rush:confused: Who are they when not at home?:eek: Power Windows????
Are they comparable bands?
I'll be ignorant and have a guess though
Beatles.....Daylight.................................Rush/Power Windows

Will have a listen though, am always open to hearing different music.
I like heaps more bands than the Beatles ..each to their own.

Edit: oops sorry only read first page

Latest posts

Back