The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found 3 different brands but still feel the hydrofarm is the best design, but I also hear there is a new CAP Ebb/Flow coming out with improvements, just don't have a clue what the improvements are going to be.

Yep, there's 3 major ones, and the Hydrofarm system comes out just ahead of all of them. The Titan system seems rather nifty too, but I prefer the Hydrofarm system.
If there's no general idea when CAP does something like that, then waiting around for it would be rough. You know the drill...do your watching and researching then pull triggers at the time :) You're a little bit out from purchasing a system like this yea? Either way, I don't think you can really "improve" much on this design....if so, I'd like to know the improvements. Some way to make the hose not such a pain in the ARSE to shape (straighten)

I'm glad you like it Doc, I just want to hear about res changes, top offs, how the ramp is going all the technical stuff, the plants...you know how to grow. I want to know how much easier this has made it, and what kind of weight you pull off a full grow that's dialed in.

Ramp is phenomenal. Haven't adjusted once in about 2 weeks, just added back a few gallons of water in that time. Gone from 5.8 ph to 6.0 in 2 weeks.. HAHAHHA :) I'm sure the ramp will increase faster when they flower and uptake, but I'm liking the results I have so far! Not a drop of PH up or down has been added to the res. Just PJ's mix of nutes + Epsom Salt. As for ease, this is so awesome Kraven. I'm not getting down on my knees at ALL for this system! I love the pot within a pot design, as it lets me take the plants singley out and work on them if I need to. When I change out my res, I use a sump pump (Bought a $110 pump... ROARRRRR!!!) that is attached to a water hose then put out the window to pump it down to nearly NOTHING. I haven't had to do this yet. I'm going about 3 or so weeks before pumping it out...but it's going to be as ease as drop the pump in.. wait 2-3 minutes, then pull it out. I'm going to use a 5 gal bucket of pure water as well, and suck that all out with the pump right after res. This will keep the pump 100% clean in between pumpings. Then, to measure the nutes, I used a measuring tape and found out that every 3" equates to 5 gal in the res. The res is 100% symmetrical so I can do this. I tested the theory for the first 15 gallons to make sure, then brought it right to 40 gal. PJ suggests about 35 gal with what I have going on.. just a note.

Thanks for stopping in Kraven! :aok:

I think cubby built one of those with 5 gallon pots and a 55 gallon res....... I'd like to see it........ we should ask him about it.

I think cubby built one of those with 5 gallon pots and a 55 gallon res....... I'd like to see it........ we should ask him about it.

He did, and I almost did too but the cost of everything bought separate is identical to purchasing the kits. You still have to buy a control bucket (that has floats and timer / controller).. large res... all hose needed... and proper buckets. THEN you have to MAKE SURE your holes are done well. For a DIYer (like myself in the past) this isn't much of a problem, but c-mon.. nothing beats pre-drilled factory machined holes, that youuu don't have to stress about :aok:

His system is very very nice, but not any cheaper than just getting the system pre-packaged

Have you done any shaping yet or is it too soon to start training them? Either way all your girls looks phenomenal as always Doc.

Juuuust below the 2 pics of the scrogged tent, is a bunch of pics showing you shaping and training :aok:

How'd you miss all those Kraven? :D

Yea I just saw them, I must have slid by them, looks good Doc, staking next week when they get a little more growth on them ?

Yea I just saw them, I must have slid by them, looks good Doc, staking next week when they get a little more growth on them ?

See, now you're paying attention. That exactly Kraven hah :) And no worries, I've done that before plenty in the past. I see something I want to comment on (you mentioned the scrog'd setup) then I'll forget and continue on a reply without remembering to check the rest of the pics.

No worries my friend.. you're in this!

He did, and I almost did too but the cost of everything bought separate is identical to purchasing the kits. You still have to buy a control bucket (that has floats and timer / controller).. large res... all hose needed... and proper buckets. THEN you have to MAKE SURE your holes are done well. For a DIYer (like myself in the past) this isn't much of a problem, but c-mon.. nothing beats pre-drilled factory machined holes, that youuu don't have to stress about :aok:

His system is very very nice, but not any cheaper than just getting the system pre-packaged

Doc I use pond liner to make res and flood tables, it makes things much cheaper and more custom made, and i found that making flood and drain holes in polyethylene is flawless. i have like 40 of those made and not 1 of them leaks. i don't only do it to save money, actually, i have a 200Liter ready made res that is sitting unused because of its dimensions, and i chose to make a diy one that fits neatly where i want it. btw you don't need to drill in pond liner, just puncture it then screw the 2 pieces from inside and out with the punctured poly in between, it seals perfectly every time

^ All that is phenomenal if you like to tinker and invest your time in that. Absolutely! Good stuff zem :aok: :)

Purchased a PAX 2 last night.

I like it, but do not enjoy the heat.

Same with my wife's solo. Its very convenient. Definitely has its place in the arsenal. But I wasn't a fan of the amount of heat either.

Just checking ya out Doc. Things be lookin` good and green. Will stop by later.

Here we GO. Day 68 flowering (just shy of 10 weeks) and I'm going to be taking down my C99 today!!! ALSO, since I'm running a test light (Sun Series COB) I have NO more drying tent... so I made KILLER tote drying bins, that look like they will work better than my tent and hold WAY more!! Also, I could put these quickly somewhere if I ever needed. Used two 35 gal totes, ran nylon string 2" apart and 2 "layers" worth in each bin. Then, cut a 4" hole on each end of the bin, and I'll put a fan on the outside generally pushing air through.

I have a couple of "runts" in the Tent #2 that's about to be flipped. Everything in there is 14" except for my runts which are 11" and not very wide. I'm thinking, this is either a good thing, and allows a couple plants to get a bit larger if needed, since they are smaller.. or.. this is a bad thing because everything should be as EVEN as possible. I've been contemplating taking those two out, and "substituting" them for two that are rooted in 4" x 4" rockwool. Those are around 15" currently, so would probably be a good substitute.

PICS LATER :D

Same with my wife's solo. Its very convenient. Definitely has its place in the arsenal. But I wasn't a fan of the amount of heat either.

Just checking ya out Doc. Things be lookin` good and green. Will stop by later.

Thanks for swinging in you two! :aok:

Yeah the PAX is "meh".. I enjoy it, and it has its place.

And yeah, hope you swing through later when pics are up yooper :)

Some folks love the pax. I gave mine away. way too hot. But the guy that got it likes it I guess. thought it was just me.

Some folks love the pax. I gave mine away. way too hot. But the guy that got it likes it I guess. thought it was just me.

It's not just you at all. It's "meh" really.. has its situations. Great for the car and on the go, instead of the stinkier alternatives. I guess lol :)

DGF, everything looks great as always.

Thanks THG! I'll have pics up soon! :aok:

Was cutting through yards and though I would drop by and say hi.

I was looking at those too and there's a thread somewhere. I know you got money so this won't hurt but that thing is a piece of overpriced crap, send it back. You hit the nail on the head, it's too hot.
They've changed the site but I recall seeing some mention of a cooling feature with the PAX 2, I can't find it, an outright lie they got called on no doubt.
It IS the HOT vapour that is very hard on your throat and lungs. That's what makes outdoor cigarette smoking in winter so bad for you, cold air followed by that nasty heat. I use this guy
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/images/smilies/vap-red vapor.jpg
with a looooong hose and put the hose between two bags of ice. Oh yah...Do NOT put ice cubes in bong water, I forget now, but you'll end up in a hospital. blah blah blah

Pappy I love my PAX. I run it on medium setting and I don't over pack the oven, took me about a week to find just the right amount of tightness to get good rips.

Pappy I love my PAX. I run it on medium setting and I don't over pack the oven, took me about a week to find just the right amount of tightness to get good rips.

How cool is the vapour though? That heat on your innards is NOT good. I've never laid my mitts on one so I shouldn't comment at all but I remember why that product ticked me off so much. What's this auto-cooling all about? Misleading to say the least.

View attachment Capture.JPG

Latest posts

Back