The Duck's Valentine Day Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always had to water daily the smaller the pots outside, they just can't hold the water/food like the larger ones, totally unforgiving in drought times :S

Sorry it took me this long to click on the link in your sig! If the Pink comes out like the pic posted on the 1st page, you are going to have some nice, thick nugs it looks like.

AG

AG My Pink Mommas that are in the 5 gallon Smart Buds are budding out real nice with no yellowing. It is to early to tell but I can only hope I get some buds like 4u posted on the first page. That would be sweet:)

i have four that are unsexed that are going to run outdoors in 5's or 10 gallon pots. i'm getting to watch and get some info to use thats going to be real helpful. i will have to feed heavier i think factoring in rain saturation times...seems every time i have an outdoor feed scheduled, it rains shortly afterwards, and steals away alot of nutes...

Irish that is a good idea. I will be doing the same when I place my clones of her outdoors.

Thanks Dan K. This is only my second season growing organic indoors and still on the learning curve.

duck, i had no idea you had switched over to organic. i did too just two seasons ago, and having good results. are you making compost? i've made compost since i was knee high to a tick. always used it in my veggie gardens, and started using it in my mj grows exclusively this season i'm just finishing up...

now i understand the early yellowing a little better...thats to be expected when you're running different strains with organic...it's a challenge just to dial in any one strain, but when you add several in the group, it's nearly impossible to be consistant every single time you do a new strain...

for some reason i thought you were using fox farm nutes in soil...

i did several grows this indoor season using nothing but my compost, some humboldt roots as a starter, lacto bacillus every watering, and homemade strawberry tea in flower. you talk about some tasty smoke! i played around with some other fruit teas also, and even used l. bacillus, and wine yeast in other grows...i'm studying different weeds in my field that are beneficial in teas, and other things like soy bean plants, alfalfa, and bio-char...:cool:

still feeling my way around too, and feeling blessed with the growing skills i already have that compliment organic growing...it's new and exciting, and i'm having fun experimenting...

mojo for you're grow duck...peace...:)

Irish I still run DWC, but was worried about temps inside the grow room with this Spring we have been having. Did not think I would get the grow completed before high temps intervened.

I am beginning to think that I either forgot something in my amendments or these 1 gallon Smart Pots are a lot more difficult to grow organically in.

Yesterday a I pulled a Cheddarwurst that hermied on me. I been having major issue with it and yesterday must have been to much for her after 5 weeks of 12/12. Even with the stress that was quite apparent, this just show me that the hermie gene is there and just waiting to get stressed out. I really thought this was a great keeper for a mother plant but all for naught.:(

And on a good note the Pink Mamma and the other Cheddarwurst are looking really nice, will take some pics tonight and post later.

bummer, i know you really liked that girl too...

7g it sure does suck but hopefully I caught it before it spewed.

Irish Oh well I may keep her just don't try organics in a 1 gallon smart pot. But there again I may have forgot a soil amendment, just could not get her to green up.

Some pics after day 37 of 12/12

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 001.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 002.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 003.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 004.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 005.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 006.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 007.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 008.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 009.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 010.jpg

Some more pics after 37 days of 12/12.

The small plants are in 1 gallon smart pots these are the ones I could not get to flower properly. Did good in veg but went yellow at the beginning of 12/12. Like I said it was an organic learning experience trying to grow in those 1 gallon smart pots. Although I am starting to get concerned that I may have forgot a soil amendment and it just has not reared its ugly head yet in the 5 gallon smart pots.

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 011.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 012.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 013.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 014.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 017.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 018.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 019.jpg

Valentin Day Grow Day 37 020.jpg

oh, so THAT's what they're supposed to look like :eek: ;)

can't wait to try these myself.. think we've got a winner here :icon_smile:
lookin like some frosty goodness (glad someone did them right ;) )

sorry bout the expired cheese :(

:)

i did mine right. i pollenated them perfectly.:p matter of fact, i'm toking on some of this icky sticky right now. it is real racy smoke...you feel like getting some stuff done after smoking it...real nice feel good buzz though once it smooths out...has a real strong musky odor...

duck, i've never flowered in bigger than threes...seems perfect...i water/feed once a week and thier on thier own til following week...(i use poly bags too)

even though i pollenated mine, they still grew better than you would expect from a pollenated plant if you know what i mean...normally a pollenated plant slows down dramatically to build seed, and these kept on giving...

looking good duck...:cool:

Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by kaotik, Irish, and Dan K.

DKL I am sure the imbalanced caused the stress. I have ran this strain before with no trouble and running it right now with no problem in the 5 gallon smart pots. Don't have to worry about any pink cheddar mamma I am not a pollen chucker or a breeder, I leave that to the ones that have the time.

Dan K said:
imma look that stuff up

Not sure if you will find much. As I am a member of a growers group called The Dirty Dozen and this is where the seeds came from. We have a group grow going on another forum, but not here.

Thanks AG :)

Thanks Orange:)

Just wish I knew what I did wrong in those 1 gallon smart pots. If I forgot an amendment or my tea was not soon enough or the right mix.
Now I am not sure if I should just yank they other 2 one gallon smart pots in flower or not. They are also show yellowing but not as bad as the one that hermied. They actually are greening up some. But I have 2 others in 5 gallon smart pots ready to go in if I do yank them two.

Latest posts

Back