The Insidious nature of self in our life;

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my set of guidelines:

1 Cause no intentional harm
2 If it makes you truly happy, do it
3 Dont expect anything from anybody
4 If you see somthing beautiful remember it
5 Be polite
6 If you don't know ask
7 Keep your mouth shut and your ears and eyes open
8 Love your people (the people around you)
9 Learn to shoot and farm (good to know even if you never use them)
10 Beleive in what you choose, but don't talk about it

11 Never underestimate a fart

Ilikebigbuds said:
what is this fear of God stuff? who is talking about fearing such things?You?
I do not fear God, for in my beliefs there is no such thing.

and I never mentioned God, YOU did.

because you have a belief that is formed from a word you assumed that.

there is nothing for anyone to ever fear. ever.

Where I am from, to "put the fear of God" in someone means to threaten violence, it's a colloquial expression meant as "those are fighting words, and you're going to find out you are messing with the wrong person." :) When I saw Tater's response, that was the phrase that jumped to mind. I guess it's not a widely used expression, sorry for the confusion :rolleyes:

I found Tater's response a little over the top, a Type A personality reaction, that's all I meant. The tone of the message the way I read it was more about the nature of how humans develop their opinions and beliefs, but I am afraid now this thread is doomed to become a discussion of religion.

Have fun with your thread, I really have no opinion on this other than the topic is a common "stoner philosopy" conversation that I have had in the past, and now that religion is being talked about it will probably degenerate to the point where a mod will close it.

Ilikebigbuds said:
I did not mention God,

and we are physical... are we not?

and we are some kind of energy? are we not?

did not intend to offend, but I am not sorry for how my words make you feel,
I have no control over how you receive what you read.

my intent was to remind all my friends that life is what you choose to believe it is. thats all.:rolleyes:
i'm not one to cause much conflict but,...life has an answer...it is NOT just what you believe...life being what you believe is what brings about conflict ...certain "groups" of people BELIEVE and live by that belief only to bring death to those who do not believe the same....life is about responsibillity....as part of this earth,living on it and of it you as an individual are part of a great machine, a machine that requiers our individual responsibillity to keep things in order regardless of what we believe or how we feel..for the good of the whole..that my friends ....is the answer to life

blancolighter I found having a ferret loose in your house makes life quite a bit more fun.
LOL-I have heard this to be true!

we have a friend who has 2 of those little trouble makers! they have their own bed room!

PUFF MONKEY
i'm not one to cause much conflict but,...life has an answer...it is NOT just what you believe...life being what you believe is what brings about conflict ...certain "groups" of people BELIEVE and live by that belief only to bring death to those who do not believe the same....life is about responsibillity....as part of this earth,living on it and of it you as an individual are part of a great machine, a machine that requiers our individual responsibillity to keep things in order regardless of what we believe or how we feel..for the good of the whole..that my friends ....is the answer to life

Maybe this is where a need for more Allowing comes into play.

I've decided to take a step back. If you wish to believe in magic, thats your choice. I choose to believe in nothing. I trust in science, and fact, and the furthering of education. There are plenty of real world mysteries that have yet to be answered that I don't see the need to fabricate any more. This entire thread is a complete disappointment and is the exact attitude that has been holding back true research and society as a whole for a very long time. This will be my last post in this thread.

man tater, if it bothers you so much why even open the thread. why read it if it really bothers you. i slip into threads and feel the same way, but then i say something stupid an feel dumb and that don't help anyone. its just writing on a screen. try not to let it get to you.

now next time you see me doin what your doin remind me of this post.

there is one constant that rules everything. Energy, we are all a result of it, and we all control our own lives with it, and we bring the energy to us that we conceive with our mind, this is fact. If your mindset is negative, you will encourage negative energy around you, and vice versa, and hence why i choose to be so positive about everything!

The Effen Gee said:
You forgot about a thousand more: Fear, insecurity, heplessness, Embarassment, ect...

And by the way...you actually agree with me, since we are saying the same thing.

I didn't forget anything. I was simply stating that anger is an actual emotion. Yes, there are many more emotions we experience. But I was just listing the 6 basic emotions that are seen cross culturally and experienced by ALL human beings.

What I wasn't in agreement with was your statement that "There is no such thing as anger. anger is a word used to describe many emotions"

I actually agree with you because we are saying the same thing?
Sorry bud. The only thing I'M saying is that i disagree with your statement of "there is no such thing as anger."

If you disagree with your own statement, then we're saying the same thing. :p

i don't want any hard feelings about any of this! I'm just trying to clarify what I was saying. No offense Effen Gee! I respect what you have to say and your knowledge, don't get me wrong! I'm not trying to arguing with ya boss! :D

JBonez there is one constant that rules everything. Energy, we are all a result of it, and we all control our own lives with it, and we bring the energy to us that we conceive with our mind, this is fact. If your mindset is negative, you will encourage negative energy around you, and vice versa, and hence why i choose to be so positive about everything!

Thanks! that's exactly what I am talking about!
Thats what I should have posted originally. lol:rolleyes:

Peace

Bill Hicks: Revelations

Life is like a ride....

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it’s real, because that’s how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, it has thrills and chills and it’s very brightly colored and it’s very loud and it’s fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, “Hey - don’t worry, don’t be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride.” And we…kill those people. “Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry…look at my big bank account…and my family…this has to be real.” It’s just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn’t matter because: it’s just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It’s only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money; a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off; the eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here’s what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride - take all that money that we spend on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

R.I.P. Bill...you are deeply missed and needed indeed.

I believe in God.

I hear you JBonez, and not only that. We control ourselves, no one else. When we get angry, it is us who is letting ourselves become angry. If someone says something disrespectful to you, you have the choice to take it how you want to. Live life positive, and the life you live will be positive. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back