The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waiting for the sun to come around

Venus was real bright this morning in the eastern sky

B8265155-E9C5-455A-A3BD-B6C5028717D0.jpeg

When I leave the house by going through the garage, I am accosted by six to eight curlytail lizards. They are peculiar:

I cut a blueberry in half and hold the half out. The little bastages race to get the two halves. When a curlytail gets his half and isn't careful, another one will steal it outa his mouth.

So the weird and fun thing to watch is to see them run up to grab their blueberry piece, and run squiggle squiggle squiggle the heck outa Dodge.

They are back in about 30 seconds. I divvy up five blueberries at a time, so I know all the contestants got their nummies.

Home economics - haven't heard that term in many moons. I know my wife had that as a subject at school
I got stuck in that class (Home & Family Living) in the second half of my senior year. I had pulled extra class credits and was supposed to graduate half way through my senior year, but just as the day arrived, they reneged and said I had to graduate with the rest of the class. Now a days, I would have sued, but that didn't happen back then. I refused and wouldn't fill out my classes list, so they stuck me in the classes that no one else wanted.
I went, but I refused to participate.
I remember my last day; It was a first week test. Question #12 on the test was, "When taking a shower, do you
A) Step into the shower and lather up.
B) Step into the shower, step out, and lather up, or
C)Step into the shower, move away from the shower head, lather up, and rinse off under the shower head.

I broke out laughing, ripped the test papers in half, walked up to the teacher and chucked 'em on her desk and said, "I guess at 17 years old, I've figured out how to take a shower by now, and you folks have taught me all I need to know." Walked out and never looked back. TINS.

Latest posts

Back