The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did the same thing with leaves as a kid
FD was up the street and My Mom would rake a huge pile and toss in 5 foil wrapped tatas , They wer yummy with loads of budder

While we din' use flint and steel, nevertheless it was standard practice for everybody to rake leaves into the road, and burn them.

It was the way you kept the lawns and the general area neat. FD did not G.A.S. <-- They'd burn theirs the same way.

Some days, I am really on the ball.

Others...

1661704038439.png

The bullethole on the side is a nice touch.

While we din' use flint and steel, nevertheless it was standard practice for everybody to rake leaves into the road, and burn them.

It was the way you kept the lawns and the general area neat. FD did not G.A.S. <-- They'd burn theirs the same way.
You are not that Old , Old Man LOL

Staying on topic: My fargin crossbow green-dot sight just died as I wuz lookin' through it to shoot. Got dimmer and dimmer... and then gone. Figgered it was the battery. So I rummaged around and found one of them 25c sized jobbies.

Put it in. No joy.

Hopped in Clouseau's Silver Fox and buzzed a few miles to a hardware store. Ten bucks for two batteries. Jeez. Brought them in and put a new, new one in.

No joy.

Normally, replacing a green dot sight is tres simple. Not this sucker. It does not mount on a picatinny rail like every other sight I have ever seen. It goes in a fargin slot. [|]

I've looked all over the fargin Net for one. Nopers. They come with the fargin crossbow -- a Chicom OEM. Jeez.

Gonna head on down to the local gun shop to see if they can Haitian-rig a new sight. If not, the crossbow is useless -- dangerous, even.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back