The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dropped off my loader again, dang thing is 30 years old and gettin cranky...funny how ignorant some drivers are...who in their right mind would challenge a superduty hauling a loader on a tandem trailer...some jerk tried to get in the lane I was occupying, let him eat my trailer and see how that goes...rant over, time to walk the garden...🤩

Update on my crossbow (*sob*)... ☠️
1661802172201.jpeg

The guys in the gun store all gathered around, looking at the crazy way the Chicoms put the green dot scope on. It became obvious that the mount was part of the trigger action. The crossbow is 20 years old and has nailed the largest deer I ever got with anything, and lotsa hawgs. Even a turkey. (*whimper*)

You just cannot safely aim it without the dot sight. One of the guys there was salivating over my buzzer skin. I looked at him and said:

"Tell ya what... you can have the whole thing, strap and all for two boxes of .443 round shot for my new 1851 Navy .44"

He jumped at it. Had eyes only for the strap. That made it a double-positive deal. That was enough black powder ammo to last me a long time, the crossbow was useless to me, and the strap was a ho-hum.

Been on the run. Just got back from the eye Dr. I need cataract surgery in my right eye. Had my left done a few years back. Dr told me I needed to cheat a bit as my eye really isn't bad enough for ins to pay for it. Gave me instructions on what to say and do. I have been wanting to get this done for a long time and this is the year....I hope.

Next up....got a Conference call with my financial advisor at 3:00. This should be interesting. Anybody know a safe place to invest now days. I bet Paul Pelosi does.

Been on the run. Just got back from the eye Dr. I need cataract surgery in my right eye. Had my left done a few years back. Dr told me I needed to cheat a bit as my eye really isn't bad enough for ins to pay for it. Gave me instructions on what to say and do. I have been wanting to get this done for a long time and this is the year....I hope.

Next up....got a Conference call with my financial advisor at 3:00. This should be interesting. Anybody know a safe place to invest now days. I bet Paul Pelosi does.

how did the call go?

if I had got here earlier , you could have patched me in on that call and I could have sold a bunch of Bitcoin to everyone

dropped off my loader again, dang thing is 30 years old and gettin cranky...funny how ignorant some drivers are...who in their right mind would challenge a superduty hauling a loader on a tandem trailer...some jerk tried to get in the lane I was occupying, let him eat my trailer and see how that goes...rant over, time to walk the garden...🤩
"Stupidity is one of the basic building blocks of the universe" Frank Zappa

Update on my crossbow (*sob*)... ☠️ View attachment 307457
The guys in the gun store all gathered around, looking at the crazy way the Chicoms put the green dot scope on. It became obvious that the mount was part of the trigger action. The crossbow is 20 years old and has nailed the largest deer I ever got with anything, and lotsa hawgs. Even a turkey. (*whimper*)

You just cannot safely aim it without the dot sight. One of the guys there was salivating over my buzzer skin. I looked at him and said:

"Tell ya what... you can have the whole thing, strap and all for two boxes of .443 round shot for my new 1851 Navy .44"

He jumped at it. Had eyes only for the strap. That made it a double-positive deal. That was enough black powder ammo to last me a long time, the crossbow was useless to me, and the strap was a ho-hum.
I cast 'em round and conical for that caliber. Pure lead, most of which came from Flint water lines. TINS.

Just saw this!

Awright, pay close 'tention -- You guys have the doctorates in complex plant growth. I am sorta like that with investing.

My investments have made it so I retired at 52, have no debts/mortgage/carpay/etc.
I worked as an engineer, not making a lot of money.

Invest in something that will still have value WHEN, not IF the US dollar is replaced by the BRICs group. <-- This will be soon.

I invested for years in silver and gold. NOT numismatics (buy a racehorse, sell a mule...) By "invested" I mean I TOOK POSSESSION OF WHAT I BOUGHT. Always. I own no paper "shares" or "receipts for storage" or other scams.

Time is short for anyone reading this. Invest BIG now. In physical PM's in your hand.

Right now, silver is incredibly undervalued vs gold. Gold has held its value for centuries. The same piece of gold would have bought you as fine a suit in Ancient Rome as it would today. The same amount of gold would buy you a new house in 1970 as it would today. <-- Think about that. What changed? The value of the dollar is what changed. It is going to zero.

Silver is historically around a 16:1 with gold. It is now 90+ to 1. Go to an LCD (Local Coin Dealer) and buy all the junk silver (that's silver US coins) you can.

Buy silver rounds (they look like silver dollars, but are pure silver).

Fiat <-- That means legit fake money. Fiat of any kind has a time limit to its self-destruction. The US dollar is fiat. It is an IOU that cannot be paid.

Your investment broker deals in FIAT. He works hard at figuring out what stocks will return the most paper money.

Don't get bored: I have a One Hundred Trillion Dollar real banknote from Zimbabwe. The Zimbabawe dollar was at a parity with the US dollar just recently. I got it postpaid for .99c

The city streets in Boliva are littered with tons of Bolivars <-- Used to be just exactly like the dollars in your wallet. Now, one Bolivar equals one hundred millionth of a US dollar.

But the US dollar is going to crash. SOON, dammit. Here is why: It is the WORLD RESERVE CURRENCY. All other currencies are measured by it. So it looks like the dollar is "strong".

It is... comparatively. It is like on guy on the very rear of the Titanic as it was going down: That guy is in much better shape than everyone else fifty feet away who is going under.

To complete the analogy, a bunch of others are rowing away in a lifeboat (BRICs).

To sum: There were lots of stock portfolios that were used for insulation on walls. Today is no longer a time to think printed paper of any sort whatsoever will have the value ascribed to it in normal times.

It will not. Take a look -- note this is an "old" graph, therefore it has question marks instead of showing JBiden's inflationary work:

1661852638183.png

Bottom Line: Get copper pennies. Get dimes and quarters. Stay AWAY from silver dollars because they are priced way, way higher than ten dimes or four quarters. If you are loaded with Bolivars Francs US Dollars in bank accounts, get on the net and look up these folks. They have been rated by customers as the best: MoneyMetals
https://www.moneymetals.com/?keycod...rest gold and silver buyer&utm_content=Others
It is good to get gold for sure, too. Krugerrands are the world standard, but any gold coins (NOT numismatics) are fine.

I sincerely hope this helps you guys as much as you've helped me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back