The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been on the run. Just got back from the eye Dr. I need cataract surgery in my right eye. Had my left done a few years back. Dr told me I needed to cheat a bit as my eye really isn't bad enough for ins to pay for it. Gave me instructions on what to say and do. I have been wanting to get this done for a long time and this is the year....I hope.

Next up....got a Conference call with my financial advisor at 3:00. This should be interesting. Anybody know a safe place to invest now days. I bet Paul Pelosi does.
Best wishes for getting that eye sorted - don't leave it.

As for the best place to invest right now - do you have a mattress?

Best wishes for getting that eye sorted - don't leave it.

As for the best place to invest right now - do you have a mattress?
Loosing 8% a year. If you have $100, 000 In your mattress at the beginning of the year it is only worth $92,000 in December......what is that worth after 20 years.....virtually nothing.

I need to feed the one girl I have outside. I think I posted a picture of one branch. Funky.
This a Gelato
1661873864916.png

1661873951259.png

Time to go outside.

Are you shittin' me? Lead water pipes?
Hate to break it to ya, but if you live in a city that's older than 80 years or so, somewhere in the supply link you'll find lead pipes.

The big stink about Flint was a joke. There are major cities in the US that have a lot worse lead water pollution problems.

The lead they used in water pipes is just about as pure as you can find. Great for casting muzzleloader fodder, and can be cut with linotype or wheel weights for most smokeless calibers. For full bore hot rounds, straight wheel weights work best. If you're really pushing it, a little linotype mixed in makes 'em even harder.

Hate to break it to ya, but if you live in a city that's older than 80 years or so, somewhere in the supply link you'll find lead pipes.

The big stink about Flint was a joke. There are major cities in the US that have a lot worse lead water pollution problems.

The lead they used in water pipes is just about as pure as you can find. Great for casting muzzleloader fodder, and can be cut with linotype or wheel weights for most smokeless calibers. For full bore hot rounds, straight wheel weights work best. If you're really pushing it, a little linotype mixed in makes 'em even harder.
Himself and my younger son, Puck, have made thousands of rounds of .45's with straight wheel weights. Useta be, you could stop in any gas station and get fifty pounds of used wheel weights just for asking.

We useta go to the range with our 1911's and blast away with games** we invented... but we always came home with more brass than we started with.

That left primers and powder. <-- Dang. Them, I hadda buy. 🔫

**Our fave was "Dirty Harry" timed to the second: Pick up your .45, disassemble it, step away and back, reassemble it, load it, and put six in the target.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back