The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry folks a slight disruption in our regularly scheduled programing. Roster is sorry and doesn't want the mods to have any extra work so he WON'T do this again. Cause we all get along here and he doesn't want Armageddon knocking on his door.

giphy.gif

Sorry guys ive been busy lately. Trying to get ready for this fking long ass trip i gotta take.
I leaving Monday to do 5 Surveys,,from Dallas,,,Drive to Washington Indiana, Madison Indiana,Huntington Indiana, then too Madison Ohio and Ashtabula Ohio,,then back to Indianapolis Indiana on Thursday night,,leave my Truck,,fly back to Dallas Friday morning.
Then Fly back to Indianapolis the following Tuesday to turn a store into a Burkes Outlet in New Castle Indiana. Ill be there about a month. Ill Fly home for Thanksgiving and Xmas. Should be done Jan 5th and drive the truck back home to Dallas. Im already tired and havent even left yet..😜

@ GW....told your maid story to Mrs Pute and she clobbered me with the dust mop.......enough said!!!
Grayfox had a more subtle but equally effective technique for expressing her disdain based on the, "and you can't live without them" part (or live with them cut off.)

me? my great great grampa left Portugal lock stock and barrel early 1800’s because there was a revolution going on , War of Two Brothers , Liberals vs Conservative , but way different definitions than what we are witnessing today , and he was on the side that lost
how much courage did it take to pack up and leave his home country? well , not much if there were people pointing weapons at him eh

To his good fortune, it sounds like your gg grumps escaped to America with his life brother Big. Looking back at my ancestry, I note mine got here ranging from first class to indentured servants, but they all came for a better life.

I want to move for a better life as well, so seeking an alternative country would involve finding one that wasn't having troubled times of its own, in addition to a reasonable standard of living, good weather, and health care, while speaking a language I understand. To my eternal shame and discredit, learning a new one at age 77 would be problematic, as would leaving all my friends and local contacts. Probably easier in my remaining time to hunker down and be an example of the change I seek.

If one scrolls Facebook they will note the things that are being said and shared on both party sides that are infantile, clearly untrue, and meant for harmful effect vis a vis resolution of any differences in perception.

It has developed into a form of public masturbation, because no one really believes it, but it just feels good blasting it out there, ignoring how it obdurate the opposing sides determination, especially their view of the perpetrators integrity and intelligence.

It is also clear that we have outside agitators stirring up and adding to the chaos and schism between the liberal and conservative elements of our society. Do we really think foreign and domestic elements interfere with our elections, but not our public unrest?

I'm pleased we aren't burdened with the same issues on this site, because frankly I have friends in all corners of the debate, regardless of whether I agree with them or not, and some of their Facebook posts have caused my perception of their maturity and intelligence to suffer.

While we are on the subject of SCUBA diving, I saw this short vid and it reprises the method I used to catch baby octopuses for my two salt-water aquariums.

You just swim along in shallow water, gently picking up clam shells. About one in ten will have a little bitty octopus holding the empty clam shells together. You didn't force the octopus to come out (minimum stress) -- just put the "package" in a zip-lock bag full of sea water.

I had one grow up in the tank having lasted 7 years. When I finally got rid of the tanks, I put all the creatchy-poos in them back in the ocean.

I had two 50-gal aquariums -- we called them the "baby tank" and the "killer tank".

We learned to keep some things apart -- that you normally would never expect to be deadly enemies, such as juvenile triggerfish and juvenile sting ray... The triggerfish will attack the sting ray until it dies.

Never put a shovel-nosed lobster in with a fringed oyster. He will open it immediately for dinner.

Cannibal Joke Pineapple
Three guys are stranded on an island populated with cannibals. The king of the cannibals tells them that there is a way to get out of the island if they accomplish a certain task.

So the king says to the three men, “Collect ten of any single type of fruit and bring them to me.”

The three men quickly get to work and starts looking for fruits. The first man that returns has 10 bananas and offers them to the king.

But the king tells him, “It’s not over yet. You are to insert all the fruits in your anus without showing any emotions. If you laugh or cry, we will eat you.”

The man hesitates but proceeds to insert the 10 bananas up his anus. 1….2….- But it’s too painful and he cries out of agony. The cannibals eat him instantly.

The second guy that returns has collected 10 cherries. The king also tells him to do the same thing and that the first guy that returned was eaten for crying. The second guy is happy because he is certain he can insert all the cherries in because of their small size. So he proceeds to insert the cherries with ease.

1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9..- But the second guy starts laughing and the cannibals also eat him.

In heaven, the first and second guy meet and discuss their unbelievable misfortune. Halfway through the conversation the first guy says to the second guy, “I was watching you from up here and I saw that you nearly completed the task but all of a sudden you laughed. Why?”

The which the second guy replies, “I saw the third guy bringing pineapples.”

Old man Murphy and old man Sean were contemplating life when Murphy asked, “If you had to get one or the other would you rather get Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s?

”Sure, I rather have Parkinson’s”, replied Sean

“’Tis better to spill a couple of ounces of Jameson whiskey than to forget where you keep the bottle!”

Latest posts

Back