The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We made hat bands out of the rattler we killed and ate to see how they tasted, but we sold the rest of them live to the El Paso zoo for venom milking.

I am certainly more accurate with the scoped Barnett that I ever was my 50# Bear recurve. Better distance and flatter trajectory too with the added 125# pull.

I Googled Scorpion arrow points and didn't get a hit. Do you have a picture?

It's a sorta triple reversed switchblade -- held in place by a little rubber band. I've been searching for a pic of one...

What I like about it is that the point does NOT go all the way through the hide -- sorta just peeps through it -- until the razors unfold, which causes a HUGE entry hole. This increases bleed-out and pass-through immensely.

WAIT WAIT

I found a pic:

1605555837280.png

IIRC, **IF** you can ever find them, they go for about $45 for a 3-pack

Last edited:
It's a sorta triple reversed switchblade -- held in place by a little rubber band. I've been searching for a pic of one...

What I like about it is that the point does NOT go all the way through the hide -- sorta just peeps through it -- until the razors unfold, which causes a HUGE entry hole. This increases bleed-out and pass-through immensely.

WAIT WAIT

I found a pic:

View attachment 266333

Walt Look I found some from China Large discount
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400... tip&msclkid=194c41cc6da1181a8cf11e7e946001f2

I don't know if it is just me but you fockers are a sick bunch.....glad to be here and know all of you!!!

You do have to admire that in a brother and sister.

WAIT WAIT

I found a pic:

View attachment 266333

Thanks, a peeecture really is worth a thousand words. Nice design that looks like it would be effective with the rapid blood loss part..........

I learned to flake obsidian points in deference to the Native American part of my mongrel ancestry and planned to make an ash bow, but never got around to it. I can only imagine the reaction I would get if I handed one of my hunter gatherer ancestors a 175lb pull crossbow with telescopic sights and the above tip on a bolt...............

Would it bring on fat times, or war and an arms race over territory?

Must be an Englishman, it's a longfellow.

Of course there is also the English surname Short.

"Short is a surname of English origin. Notable people with this surname include: Alan Short (1920–2004), California legislator. Arthur Short (cricketer) (born 1947), South "

Latest posts

Back