The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only play the ukulele and a little keyboard now and then…
Mr Subbie plays all those 5 string stuff. I have a nice guitar but can only strum some chords at a drunk party 😜
Good on you and your main squeeze! I have limited musical talent and admire those with the talent and dedication to get good at it.

My dad and his family were all talented with stringed instruments, but despite wasting money on classical guitar lessons, I do not. I ended up giving my guitar to my daughter.

Alas, I also discovered that besides regular practice being required to develop any skills, it was required to keep callouses on my fingers, so it wasn't painful.

I got a room full of old Mc stuff, speakers hanging from the ceilings and a monster sub...can't remember the last time I cranked it up...
I've got 10" UBL tower Studio speakers and a monster UBL subwoofer that is just sitting too. Just some of the accumulated toys along the way.
somewhat of a linguist... :rolleyes:
I'm a cunning linguist myself.

Last edited:
This is what our's look like with the cover off.
DSC_2768 - Copy.JPG

Good on you and your main squeeze! I have limited musical talent and admire those with the talent and dedication to get good at it.

My dad and his family were all talented with stringed instruments, but despite wasting money on classical guitar lessons, I do not. I ended up giving my guitar to my daughter.

Alas, I also discovered that besides regular practice being required to develop any skills, it was required to keep callouses on my fingers, so it wasn't painful.
I never said we were good at it 🤣🤣🤣
yes I play just about enough for my fingers to hurt every time. I use to play everyday but I get some cramping in my fingers and thumb joints now that takes away some of the joy. I still grab my ukulele every now and then and play a quick song. I have not put it in the case but sometimes pick it up to dust it more so than play it…
9EAE723E-F834-4D23-90A8-7B6DBE279D5A.jpeg

I never said we were good at it 🤣🤣🤣
yes I play just about enough for my fingers to hurt every time. I use to play everyday but I get some cramping in my fingers and thumb joints now that takes away some of the joy. I still grab my ukulele every now and then and play a quick song. I have not put it in the case but sometimes pick it up to dust it more so than play it…
View attachment 319553
Looks like ya'll are having enough fun and getting enough positive feedback to have more than a casual collection of instruments.

We also have a ton of combined albums and CDsView attachment 319524View attachment 319525
Awesome - Awesome squeeze box too. Do either of you play that? My grandpa left me 2 of them, one plain with maybe 8 buttons on the side and another with keys like a piano and a bunch of buttons. They have to be very close to 200 years old. Very close anyway. I will see if I can find them tomorrow and get some picts up.

Awesome - Awesome squeeze box too. Do either of you play that? My grandpa left me 2 of them, one plain with maybe 8 buttons on the side and another with keys like a piano and a bunch of buttons. They have to be very close to 200 years old. Very close anyway. I will see if I can find them tomorrow and get some picts up.
Wow. No we only play around with it. My grandfather played the accordion German music. I never picked up on it but loved it when he played. i forgot where I picked that little one up but had to have it for the music room.

Latest posts

Back