The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning
coffee , cannabis , and and and ......aw heck , whatever

a week from today the temps will drop from 98 to 38

mother nature is such a drama queen out on the high plains , never a smooth transition from one season to another , we can’t have a gentle summer breeze , nooooooooo , we get 60-80 mph sustained winds, dang prairiecane Cat 1 but we never make the news like Florida when it comes to windy

im looking for a kinder gentler place to settle down , maybe New Mexico , gonna visit Silver City and see if it has good weather and good people

anyone want to rent a homestead out on the high plains , including chickens and a couple feral cats?....I’ll make ya a good deal on a one year agreement

otherwise the chickens will be given away and the cats , well I haven’t decided yet

water and spraying Spinosad today

have a Groovy Day ya all

OK which one of us is Jet Pack Guy?
Image result for jet pack guy

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/jetpack-guy/

Good morning everyone! Gosh, I've really missed being here. We are going 100% off grid, so we've been stumbling along figuring out our system. Been crazy busy but missed you all!
maybe New Mexico
Come on down, I would love to have someone close! Idk about gentle though, the whole world is falling apart, haven't you heard?

Roster, I've used a C&H pistol champ for better than 30 years, then I switched to the same press but 4 place. I can crank out some pretty decent ammo with it. Use pretty much Lee dies and bullet moulds. Reload just about everything from .25ACP up to .458WM. Nothing too exotic though, just the standard stuff. I didn't toss the 3 stage press. I use it to decap 3 at a whack.

Score one for the brain dead hippie! Old Hen came in madder'n a old wet hen, complaining that the estate car had died. The estate car is a Yamaha golf cart we bought 'bout 10 years ago. Thing is normally bullet proof. Put gas in it in the spring, put gas in it next spring. Change the oil every 4 years or so with Mobil 1. I go out to check it out. Yep, it's dead. Checked the gas. Plenty. Checked the oil. Clean and still looking good. Clean the vent on the fuel pump. Pull the hose off that feeds the carb and roll it over. She's squirting in perfect time. Pull the plug. A little dirty, but I've seen worse. Stick it back in the wire cap and roll it over. Got spark. Scratch head and see visions of dollars leaving my pockets when I take it to the dealer. Got to thinking, that spark looked a little weak. Bought a new plug in desperation. Put it in and the bugger ran like a raped ape. Love it when I can fix crap for less than 3 bucks. Old Hen is happy. Happy wife, happy life.

Score one for the brain dead hippie! Old Hen came in madder'n a old wet hen, complaining that the estate car had died. The estate car is a Yamaha golf cart we bought 'bout 10 years ago. Thing is normally bullet proof. Put gas in it in the spring, put gas in it next spring. Change the oil every 4 years or so with Mobil 1. I go out to check it out. Yep, it's dead. Checked the gas. Plenty. Checked the oil. Clean and still looking good. Clean the vent on the fuel pump. Pull the hose off that feeds the carb and roll it over. She's squirting in perfect time. Pull the plug. A little dirty, but I've seen worse. Stick it back in the wire cap and roll it over. Got spark. Scratch head and see visions of dollars leaving my pockets when I take it to the dealer. Got to thinking, that spark looked a little weak. Bought a new plug in desperation. Put it in and the bugger ran like a raped ape. Love it when I can fix crap for less than 3 bucks. Old Hen is happy. Happy wife, happy life.
I bet ya the plug had what we called a boinger , a liltle piece of carbon build up that when stuck in between the two ends of the plug (gap) causing a short
Use to do Land scaping and had to always change out plugs mistream PIA

Good Job Dr Watson

What type reloader do you have?
I had a Dillion square deal progressive , Worked great
Sold it after my injury, wish I had it now

Been using the same Lee Turret Press since 1978. It has kinda grown on me. Absolutely nothing fancy about it but wish I had a nickel for every round I put through that press.

Latest posts

Back