The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 325903
This is a picture of my wheel saw .The man that gave it to me said he made a living with it. It was dangerous but if treated with respect you could do a lot work with it. He said that when it was running not to turn loose of the handle bars or it would spin around and kill you or cut your legs off. It was made in 1953 .The name is 'Kut-Kwick Power Hurricane', made by Kut-Kwick Tool Corporation, Brunswick Georgia, U.S.A.
WOW OSHA approved too!

WOW OSHA approved too!
When men were men
The machine was out to the street when I saw it and knocked on door to see if they tossed it.
As I knocked on the door I could see an old man through the glass door coming in a wheelchair.
He opened the door and I asked if I could take it? He said surely and asked if I ever saw or use such a machine, I said no but I sure would love to restore it for display.
He than said it is yours young man , it was not until he wheeled himself out of the house I noticed he was missing a leg at the knee.
Driving away after loading it into the truck bed , I could see him mouthing the words
Be Careful.................................................................

Morning. I walked to school up until Jr High. I rode in 7th and 8th which I barely remember. It wasn't cool to ride a bus in HS. I grew up in the country and there were no blacks. There were in college but I don't remember race issued until I went into the army.
Now all the lil snots are driven in the families High Priced SUV and picked up too.
Why do we pay for all the bus service?

Should have worn black face.😁
I still remember Herbert Griffin holding his finger about 1/2” from my nose saying “go ahead, touch me white girl”. It scared me bad and he knew it. I’ve never been a fighter. I’ve thought of looking him up several times to see how he turned out as a grown man.

We were integrated in junior high but the blacks all lived in the northeast part of town (locally referred to as Ni.gger Town), in easy walking or biking distance, so no busses involved, other than on athletic or band trips.

Not a big change other than some of them excelled in sports, which improved our athletic teams. There were of course some racial clashes, because there are always some racially biased folks, usually the same bullies that terrorized the rest of our group. I don't remember it being much of an issue, because they could pretty much take care of themselves, and the bullies were looking for victims.

My parents were prejudiced as well, but preached equality to us chilluns and more laughing at their foibles than putting them down as a race.

My first wife remarried and moved to Louisiana, and the first day of school my daughter was attacked by a larger black girl on the bus, and when my son interceded, they both got beaten up by the mostly black group, so that I ended up paying to send them to private school to keep them safe.
Here's an oddity: I never even saw a black person until I was a teenager. There were none in our town, and none in any of the schools. <-- TINS

Hey @Hippie and @Patwi
Your Bus is here
View attachment 325897
I liked the short bus. We mostly went to the zoo and park. The windows tasted like grape Kool-Aid.
View attachment 325903
This is a picture of my wheel saw .The man that gave it to me said he made a living with it. It was dangerous but if treated with respect you could do a lot work with it. He said that when it was running not to turn loose of the handle bars or it would spin around and kill you or cut your legs off. It was made in 1953 .The name is 'Kut-Kwick Power Hurricane', made by Kut-Kwick Tool Corporation, Brunswick Georgia, U.S.A.
Did you use that in Norway cutting firewood before you walked to school?
I still remember Herbert Griffin holding his finger about 1/2” from my nose saying “go ahead, touch me white girl”. It scared me bad and he knew it. I’ve never been a fighter. I’ve thought of looking him up several times to see how he turned out as a grown man.
Probably an inmate somewhere. Where I grew up, we wouldn't tolerate a boy doing that to a girl no matter what color he was.

Just now got back from the VA. Turns out my blood pressure is 125/65. YAY. This was the least horrible visit to the VA I have had in memory.

The Doctor du jour was a pleasant older guy (although he comes from Delhi area) and his accent was a tad hard to understand... but he set the tone by saying: "Take the mask off. Nobody can see us." <-- Excellent start, and set the tone.

Later, he saw the vertical scar on my abdomen and asked about it. My answer:

"Don't go there. My grandlings measured over five feet of scars on me, and if you start cataloguing them, we're gonna be here all day. Let's just agree I am not leaking blood anywhere." <-- He laughed, and turned to the next page on his cheat sheet.

Anyway, he got everything written down... and I am most ricky-tick not suicidal. I do not drink alcohol or anything with caffeine in it. Yay. It is Official, now.

"Do you smoke?"

"Nope."

"Did you ever smoke?"

"Back about sixty years ago I did."

That took care of that. (Although if they did serious medical work at the VA, they have a blood and a pee sample and could show the error in the written record.) Fuggem.

New questions like: "What do you plan for your life's goal?" <-- On this one, I answered:

"I was born more than a year before we got into WWII. So my life's goal at this point is to live to see 85."

He looked at me and said, "That is the most original answer to that question I have ever gotten."

VA Doc:
"Do you want a COVID shot?"

Me: "Do I look that stupid?"

It went on in that vein until he had completed his VA-ordained checklist.

Anyway, the doc said I was the nicest patient he's had. (Picture Ugly Ole Unca standing there shocked.)

Just now got back from the VA. Turns out my blood pressure is 125/65. YAY. This was the least horrible visit to the VA I have had in memory.

The Doctor du jour was a pleasant older guy (although he comes from Delhi area) and his accent was a tad hard to understand... but he set the tone by saying: "Take the mask off. Nobody can see us." <-- Excellent start, and set the tone.

Later, he saw the vertical scar on my abdomen and asked about it. My answer:

"Don't go there. My grandlings measured over five feet of scars on me, and if you start cataloguing them, we're gonna be here all day. Let's just agree I am not leaking blood anywhere." <-- He laughed, and turned to the next page on his cheat sheet.

Anyway, he got everything written down... and I am most ricky-tick not suicidal. I do not drink alcohol or anything with caffeine in it. Yay. It is Official, now.

"Do you smoke?"

"Nope."

"Did you ever smoke?"

"Back about sixty years ago I did."

That took care of that. (Although if they did serious medical work at the VA, they have a blood and a pee sample and could show the error in the written record.) Fuggem.

New questions like: "What do you plan for your life's goal?" <-- On this one, I answered:

"I was born more than a year before we got into WWII. So my life's goal at this point is to live to see 85."

He looked at me and said, "That is the most original answer to that question I have ever gotten."

VA Doc: "Do you want a COVID shot?"

Me: "Do I look that stupid?"

It went on in that vein until he had completed his VA-ordained checklist.

Anyway, the doc said I was the nicest patient he's had. (Picture Ugly Ole Unca standing there shocked.)

you tell ‘em Unca!

i usually tell them what they want and need to hear

do you smoke?

no

do you use recreational drugs?

you mean like crack , cocaine , heroin , like illegal drugs?

yes

no

can you hook me up with some magic mushrooms?

NO!

tins……the last PA who examined me and after some discussions on psychedelics , he was interested in trying some

you tell ‘em Unca!

do you smoke?

no

yes

no

NO!

tins……the last PA who examined me and after some discussions on psychedelics , he was interested in trying some
Did you hook him up?

you tell ‘em Unca!

do you smoke?

no

yes

no

NO!

You persuasive old stoner

Just got back from getting a hair cut. I can only stand it so long before I get it chopped off. Now I am good to go for another 6 weeks or so.

Temp is dropping fast. Gonna be awhile before I see the sun again. Would be nice if this was only rain. All depends on the temperature.
you tell ‘em Unca!

do you smoke?

no

yes

no

NO!

I wonder if he need some good smoke.......

652FE63C-8811-43F6-9F6E-17D9C52C1896.jpeg

Nice day here today, 72F and sunny...wore myself out lately, cleaning up limbs and stuff...back still isn't back to normal. Got a new porch swing today, put that together, burned off an old cement foundation of a barn, that had stuff on it. Hope to put an outbuilding on the spot, and get a new lawnmower. Doggone always seems like I got so much to do, and just make a small dent in it....I need a break.

Latest posts

Back