The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to love these , I would get them and watch the rockets lift off
1682516813845.png

LOL I was just thinking why Tang on the moon missions
Astronauts get lonely, too.
I use to love these , I would get them and watch the rockets lift off
View attachment 326028
That was an old buddy's code word for joints when we were kids.
Try Meta Mucil..... tastes like tang with wonderful side effects.
I use the stuff every morning and haven't had a diverticulitis flare up since. Last big one cost me five lovely days in the hospital. No fun.

History​

General Foods Corporation food scientist William A. Mitchell and chemist William Bruce James formulated and trademarked Tang in 1957.[1][2][9] Tang entered test markets in 1958 and was available to the public beginning in 1959.[9]

Tang was used by early NASA crewed space flights.[10] In 1962, when Mercury astronaut John Glenn conducted eating experiments in orbit, Tang was selected for the menu;[3] it was also used during some Gemini flights, and has also been carried aboard numerous space shuttle missions. Although many soda companies sent specially designed canned drinks into space with the crew of STS-51-F, the crew preferred to use Tang, as it could be mixed into existing water containers easily. In 2013, former NASA astronaut Buzz Aldrin said, "Tang sucks". In his autobiography, published forty years earlier, Aldrin had further clarified: "I can't speak for the other flights, but before (Apollo 11), the three of us dutifully sampled the orange drink, supposedly Tang, and instead chose a grapefruit-orange mixture as our citrus drink. If Tang was on our flight I was unaware of it."

Sales of Tang were poor until NASA used it on John Glenn's Mercury flight in February 1962,[5] and on subsequent Gemini missions.[6] Since then it has been closely associated with the U.S. human spaceflight program, which created the misconception that Tang was invented for the space program

It's the same all the time....I did have the ol lady massage my calf and foot which helped a but it's hard for her because she has a hand that's not working 100%. I am hoping the PT people can stretch my sciatic nerve correctly and get it back to normal.
I have had sciatica before.
I use that as a guide line when asked my pain level is asked.
I say sciatica is a 7. Any more painfull than sciatica and I would be unconscious.
Nothing takes the pain away except for me freezing the area with enough ice to sink the Titanic....

Latest posts

Back