The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I have not been feeling well. I am in much pain physically

healing vibes and positive energy , hope you feel better soon

we took a month of classes on NDT when I was in A&P school in Tulsa

several classmates dropped out of A&P and crossed over to NDT school and as soon as they graduated , they went to Alaska to x-Ray the pipelines

this was early 70’s

healing vibes and positive energy , hope you feel better soon

we took a month of classes on NDT when I was in A&P school in Tulsa

several classmates dropped out of A&P and crossed over to NDT school and as soon as they graduated , they went to Alaska to x-Ray the pipelines

this was early 70’s
We used fluorescent penetrant (FPI/Zyglo), Magnetic particle (Mag), and x-ray inspection to certify the aerospace investment castings that we made. I was certified in FPI and x-ray. We also used Dye Penetrant for some NAV-Ship 250-1500 parts.

Uncle Walt you seem like an Uncle every one would LOVE. Unfortunately I had an Uncle that I worked for many years. He was abusive to my Aunt and me. I worked many hours for him and the pay sucked. Ironically he was a pleasant person to all the customers but his family a piece of sh….t. Thank you Uncle Walt.
Well that sucks. My uncles were all military. Always completely proper to me.

I'm ordinary. Volunteered for military, served 4 years and left as a sergeant. Became an EE, had two fine sons.

What I didn't mention above is when I was 18, I rose in good fortune beyond the whole population of earth when I married a beautiful redheaded Scottish witch. A world record I am extremely proud of.

1689414837747.png

There oughta be a an old guy on the right saying, "Alas, my joint isn't stiff."

Last edited:
I don't even allow people to walk on my lawn. I am the old many in the neighborhood .......yup that guy! My yard my garden and my grow are my life. At this point in time It is what I do and don't tread on me.
I live in a place called The Acreage. All properties are an acre or more with no commercial buildings, only houses or vacant jungly woods. Lotsa room for doggoes to romp and play. I'm friends with the doggies on either side and in the back of my place. I get all the bennies of playing with 'em without the responsibilities of feeding/caring for them.

Every property owner with doggies has a doggie fence. <-- This is not only out of politeness, but for the safety of the dogs.

Here's one reason not to let your doggies roam loose down here... they could be dinner for a 19-foot python (25-second clip with really astound you):

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/13/longest-burmese-python-record-captured-florida/

And the guy that wrassled it -- but first watch the above wrassling match:

Last edited:
Good morning

Unca , you are far from ordinary Sir , maybe extra-ordinary and we are lucky to have you with us

got the contract on the house , sent a text to the buyer to let them know that we need to get together and sign it to get the ball rolling…

the buyer never answered my text , this was day before yesterday

i wonder if they got cold feet?

will do some more cleaning and moving today

and some dreaming

IMG_7496.jpeg

IMG_7498.jpeg

IMG_7510.jpeg

I'd tell ya to make sure you get a marine survey of any boat you go to buy, but I'm sure you've already figured that one out. Good luck in your quest!
I see it now out in the middle on any Ocean and a squall picks up
One good slam down over a cresting 20ft wave snapping the boat in half.
Make sure them check the Jibs and runners.
6440cfac15ac9ef3fa56cac8e6a073d5.gif

Last edited:
Good morning

Unca , you are far from ordinary Sir , maybe extra-ordinary and we are lucky to have you with us

got the contract on the house , sent a text to the buyer to let them know that we need to get together and sign it to get the ball rolling…

the buyer never answered my text , this was day before yesterday

i wonder if they got cold feet?

will do some more cleaning and moving today

and some dreaming

View attachment 334002

View attachment 334003

View attachment 334004
Starting to sound like one of Unqa's stories

Get a reputable surveyor, too. My shirt tale cousin got one for the brig rigged boat he bought. Old mahogany boat. Surveyor said it was sound. He wound up spending months replacing a lot of the wood.
Glass boats are easier but also hide any wood rot in the decks/cabin areas.

Big, I had a 34 foot carver Xpress cruiser and was told to federally document the boat. When you’ve got a federally documented boat and you have a problem in a foreign port, the US Navy will come to your rescue, whereas if you don’t they won’t… another thing I would recommend is getting your captains license. There is a wealth of knowledge to be learned about the maritime trade. That’s real important when you’re out at sea…I got my captains license about three years before I sold the last boat I will ever own…

Big, I had a 34 foot carver Xpress cruiser and was told to federally document the boat. When you’ve got a federally documented boat and you have a problem in a foreign port, the US Navy will come to your rescue, whereas if you don’t they won’t… another thing I would recommend is getting your captains license. There is a wealth of knowledge to be learned about the maritime trade. That’s real important when you’re out at sea…I got my captains license about three years before I sold the last boat I will ever own…
The two happiest days of your life if you own a boat or motor home is the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Get a reputable surveyor, too. My shirt tale cousin got one for the brig rigged boat he bought. Old mahogany boat. Surveyor said it was sound. He wound up spending months replacing a lot of the wood.
Glass boats are easier but also hide any wood rot in the decks/cabin areas.
Illusions was glass with teak trim, aluminum masts and stainless rigging. I had her pulled for the survey both when I bought her and when I sold her. Besides visual inspection, poking around with a flashlight, and operational testing, they used an electronic device to measure deck density around the mast and other penetrations to look for rot underneath.

Good luck Big....hope the place gets sold and your boat will float.

I am stuck here with my maters which are finally taking off now that summer has arrived.
My purple tomatoes are getting eaten by something right before they are ripe. I have not treated them right either as the hose I had hooked up by the garden had to be moved temporarily and I depended on Mother Nature to water the garden one too many times. It’s hot like hell here too everyday unbearable outside. The hose is hooked up by my weed plants which get almost daily watering… I do have an abundance of cherry tomatoes and a hybrid cherry kinda like the purple ones.

I see it now out in the middle on any Ocean and a squall picks up
One good slam down over a cresting 20ft wave snapping the boat in half.
Make sure them check the Jibs and runners.
6440cfac15ac9ef3fa56cac8e6a073d5.gif
Oh gawd... that looks like so much fun!! Hour after hour after hour...

By the way: I am an experienced sailor -- I have barfed in both the Atlantic AND Pacific Oceans.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back