The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it Walt that likes these birds? Here is a pretty one.

SEEN one??!! One came by, and took the lady (peahen) away from my tame peacocks. Walked down my driveway and into the woods.

The boys were sitting with her -- she's the one on the left with the green neck --

1611421879869.png

-- and the hoity-toity bastage herded her down my driveway (which you can see in the top pic) and away.

1611421982102.png

There's another one here at MySonTheDoctor's farm. BTW -- ALL peafowl are where they are voluntarily. Them suckers can go anywhere they please. This one just happens to like to hang out behind the barn.

1611422289127.png

My guys were born here on my property about 15 years ago. I have pictures of them from tweeny babies to teenagers fluffing tiny tails, to all growed up. They are quite tame around me. I feed them black oil seeds by hand. But they could haul arse at any time.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-1-4-quarter-cubic-ft-compact-cement-mixer-91907.html I stuff it with weed, take a plastic salad bowl half full of ice, pitch the ice in, take the garden hose and give it a squirt of water, turn the bowl around and plug the mixer with it, and switch it on.

If I was going to do it large scale, I'd use a dedicated clothes washing machine. Lots of weed and ice, and the spin cycle does most the work.

I have the same mixer which I used to extract trichomes from stems using clean sand. I then extracted the resin from the sand with ethanol. One of the treasures in my storage garage that I will be losing.

I used a counter top lingerie washing machine to good avail, as well as a DIY shortened scalping bucket with a 150 micron bottom and a drywall paddle in an electric drill.

Eloquent Solution made some killer hash using snow and a wooden spoon.

and fish my Swedish gf won a 17’ fishing boat with a 40hp Evinrude when she won first place with this 35 lb King salmon out of the Frazier river near BC

Whoa, nice catch brother! The boat and fish were certainly a nice bonus!

but right now - I have something more important to do

View attachment 268301
Speaks well for world travel, no?

Attachments

• 150 micron scapling bucket out of paint bucket-1.jpg
    150 micron scapling bucket out of paint bucket-1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Shortened scalping bucket.jpg
    Shortened scalping bucket.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 21 gms of leaf bubble.jpg
    21 gms of leaf bubble.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 3
OK question, Has anyone here ever used the new AGM Gel batteries in their car or truck, I can never keep the thing charged on very cold mornings Any help

No, but I had two Group 27's and an 8D Gel cell house battery on my boat. I kept them under trickle charge and never a problem starting either the 22 hp Yanmar or the Yanmar genset on any of them, though you have to be careful to keep the peak charging voltage under 14.1 Volts (14.4V) to prevent them from overheating.

No, but I had two Group 27's and an 8D Gel cell house battery on my boat. I kept them under trickle charge and never a problem starting either the 22 hp Yanmar or the Yanmar genset on any of them, though you have to be careful to keep the peak charging voltage under 14.1 Volts (14.4V) to prevent them from overheating.
Thanks late winter and so far this winter I do plug a trickle in at night , I guess5 yrs is about time for a new one?
I was waiting for your response on that grow room set up question.

Thanks late winter and so far this winter I do plug a trickle in at night , I guess5 yrs is about time for a new one?
I was waiting for your response on that grow room set up question.
Probably depends on how many times it has been cycled. I have a Group 27 gel cell backup on my alarm system that is pushing 15 years, but it has never been discharged. The horns don't put much load on it, but I'm sure it wouldn't stand up well to a full load test.

Morning OFC. Helped my SIL install two new toilets yesterday. I thought this would take an hour or so. WRONG!!! These were new fangled space age toilets from H E L L! One piece design which weighed a ton and was hard to maneuver. Plus these had side skirts and the floor mounting bolts were inside and accessed from the rear. This was a major problem because once the toilet was in place cabinets and walls didn't allow access to the rear to bolt it in place. Good thing I am somewhat of a contorshionist....After wallering on the floor for ever I was able to get the job done. The second toilet was even worse and more cramped.

I told him to hire it done but insisted on doing it himself.... only problem is I ended up doing all the dirty work.

That brings me to today....I haven't asked myself that question yet.

Latest posts

Back