The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look at these darlings... and after about 15 seconds or so, I suddenly worry:

"Jeez! I hope none of those beautiful kitties get hurt in any way -- protection is nonexistent, really." :oops::(

1611581799038.png

Morning OFC. Crappy day out. Possible snow again. Only about another month of winter before signs of spring start to appear.

I will be taking 21 cuts this morning. Time to reload the nursery. That will fill my morning out nicely. Beyond that I have no idea what the rest of my day will bring. Calender says it's Moanday....really...ok I guess I can deal with that! Doesn't really matter.....

Ah, the good ole Ferguson!

That is the rifle I was issued on my first enlistment. It was the only breech-loading rifle in the Revolutionary War. Where the smoothbore muskets had a range of 50 yards, this one was good to 250 yards.
1611607107998.png

Among other accomplishments, the rifle could “put 15 balls on a target at 200 yards in 5 minutes".

1611607311501.png

Afternoon all. Just got back from shopping with Mrs Pute. Loads of fun. Also stopped by the gold place to check out Junk Silver. My first time on the silver. Learned a lot. With gold it is measured by the oz. With Silver it is measured by the "Troy Oz" which is 31.1g/oz instead of 28g/oz.. Or 497.6g/lb instead of 448g/lb. Confused.....I was to for a minute. I had to collect my thoughts think about the curve thrown at me.

Took 21 cuts earlier today as I said I would. I had to cut them back a bit smaller in order to get them all in my dome. They look a bit punk now but all will straighten out after a few hrs of reaching for the light. I figure in about 20 days 18 will have shown roots and will be well on their way to becoming a healthy plant. Pic included.

IMG_20210125_124723245.jpg

That is the rifle I was issued on my first enlistment. It was the only breech-loading rifle in the Revolutionary War. Where the smoothbore muskets had a range of 50 yards, this one was good to 250 yards.
View attachment 268324

Among other accomplishments, the rifle could “put 15 balls on a target at 200 yards in 5 minutes".

View attachment 268325
Here I was thinking your 1st issued weapons were more like these
1611612253001.png

Afternoon all. Just got back from shopping with Mrs Pute. Loads of fun. Also stopped by the gold place to check out Junk Silver. My first time on the silver. Learned a lot. With gold it is measured by the oz. With Silver it is measured by the "Troy Oz" which is 31.1g/oz instead of 28g/oz.. Or 497.6g/lb instead of 448g/lb. Confused.....I was to for a minute. I had to collect my thoughts think about the curve thrown at me.

Took 21 cuts earlier today as I said I would. I had to cut them back a bit smaller in order to get them all in my dome. They look a bit punk now but all will straighten out after a few hrs of reaching for the light. I figure in about 20 days 18 will have shown roots and will be well on their way to becoming a healthy plant. Pic included.

View attachment 268326
Can you keep us posted on the rooting of your clones. I have cloned in a dome a few times with mixed results.
I bought an Aero-Cloner and it has a pretty good success rate. I would prefer to use the dome though.

Can you keep us posted on the rooting of your clones. I have cloned in a dome a few times with mixed results.
I bought an Aero-Cloner and it has a pretty good success rate. I would prefer to use the dome though.
Over time I have used everything from The Cotton Eyed Joe to The H E L L If I Know as a rooting solution. I have learned several things......first and foremost is Keep it as Simple as possible. I have gotten the best results with Hormax and Clonex. I get a higher percent of survivors with Clonex but the roots start showing quicker with Hormax.

Latest posts

Back