The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@putembk
Not in Hippies case Haha
1611500686079.png

hey Walt , maybe you can holler at Andial to come rake your leaves...

View attachment 268295
Here is a funny:

Twenny years ago, I took a little piece of rubber tree plant out of a quart-sized black plastic cup and put it in the ground about 25 feet from the left side of the driveway. It now is 100' across.

That means there is a rubber tree tunnel over the lower half of my driveway. The dang thing drops leaves by the dozens and dozens daily. My lawn service guys** blow the driveway clean of leaves... and by the time they get in the truck and go, there are leaves that have fallen down onto it. BTW: they are quite loud, both in the falling as they hit other leaves, and when they hit the concrete. They sorta crash...

**I have a tad over an acre of lawn. I did my cost-analysis, and found that even if I disregard how hard it is for an 80-year old, shot-up dude to have/maintain/use weed whacker, riding mower, it is still materially cheaper to have a team come out and do it. I hand them a piece of paper with some scribbling on it. MUCH easier, and they do a better job.

Andial can come out and remove the leaves, but I am gonna haveta put him up in one of our guest rooms because he will never get the driveway clear. 🙃 :cool:

Looking good Drift. Today I fed the girls in veg, up potted 2 to go into flower next week and washed pots. Got a lot done in a short time. Now time to get ready for some foot ball for the rest of the day.

The GB/Tampa game should be a good one. Hmmmm, Brady or Farve....oops I mean Rodgers. I like both.

Next, KC and Buffalo. I'm rooting for Buffalo all the way. Buffalo deserves it after all the years being on vacation early.

I just heard the NFL came out with some new rules for the games today.....I can't figure out what the object is....

giphy.gif

Morning OFC. Helped my SIL install two new toilets yesterday. I thought this would take an hour or so. WRONG!!! These were new fangled space age toilets from H E L L! One piece design which weighed a ton and was hard to maneuver. Plus these had side skirts and the floor mounting bolts were inside and accessed from the rear. This was a major problem because once the toilet was in place cabinets and walls didn't allow access to the rear to bolt it in place. Good thing I am somewhat of a contorshionist....After wallering on the floor for ever I was able to get the job done. The second toilet was even worse and more cramped.

I told him to hire it done but insisted on doing it himself.... only problem is I ended up doing all the dirty work.

That brings me to today....I haven't asked myself that question yet.

I hope your SIL does not regret buying 1 pc toilets..
My Mom had one installed years ago - low profile low water use.
Damm thing - you needed to flush multiple times if you dump more than a raisen sized turd.
Float problems, etc..
She got sick of it quick - and had it replaced with standard toilet.
The plumber that did the job - told her he would not put one piece toilet in his house if they were free.

I like old-school Al Bundy flushers..

OK question, Has anyone here ever used the new AGM Gel batteries in their car or truck, I can never keep the thing charged on very cold mornings
Any help

Are they the expensive round cell batteries (look like a 6 pack)?

I just bought a new Diehard Battery for my truck - it cranks like a ***** on meth on cold mornings. :)

Morning OFC. Helped my SIL install two new toilets yesterday. I thought this would take an hour or so. WRONG!!! These were new fangled space age toilets from H E L L! One piece design which weighed a ton and was hard to maneuver. Plus these had side skirts and the floor mounting bolts were inside and accessed from the rear. This was a major problem because once the toilet was in place cabinets and walls didn't allow access to the rear to bolt it in place. Good thing I am somewhat of a contorshionist....After wallering on the floor for ever I was able to get the job done. The second toilet was even worse and more cramped.

I'd have paid good money just to see ya do it!

Sounds like you could have made money off a video of your installation, especially if it included a sound track brother Put!

I hope your SIL does not regret buying 1 pc toilets..My Mom had one installed years ago - low profile low water use. Damm thing - you needed to flush multiple times if you dump more than a raisen sized turd. Float problems, etc.. She got sick of it quick - and had it replaced with standard toilet. The plumber that did the job - told her he would not put one piece toilet in his house if they were free. I like old-school Al Bundy flushers..

Yeah, there was an interim design that used one gallon of water per flush that was joke. They now have a vacuum assisted Power Flush version that does noisily void the bowl using less water. We still have the original elongated bowl 1927 model American Standards in our home, which work well, so see no reason to switch.

Hey there....recovery mode today...yesterday was a wash , big low pressure system and I get migraine with vomit...oh joy..
the system is moving out and I am getting some relief..

snowing now and 2-4 inches predicted today and tomorrow and then it’s back up to the mid 50’s which is great for Colorado..

more plumbing today if I feel better...

back when I was a paid debt slave , I would go to work sick as a dog or I didn’t get paid...construction work...plus I was raising three rug rats...somebody had to pay the bills so it might as well be me...

here is an entertaining video on gold prospecting..

I am in love with the good Doctor

Latest posts

Back