The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning OFC! Happy hump day. Three plants to cut down, trim the fan leaves and hang for a dry trim in about a week. I have it timed to do one plant a day for the next 3 days. That way I can take my time and still do daily chores.

These plants finished just in time....I was running real low on supplies. I haven't had a plant finish in over a month now. Probably gonna need a refresher course on how to trim.... NOT!

Was gonna wash the vehicles today but another storm is moving in tomorrow so that is out for a couple of days. Will take my daily walk as usual though.

Spring is in the air.

Wowsies. A deal just fell into my lap. I was outside, schmoozing around in the 82F weather with the light breezes, and a small dump truck came down my road to turn around. He would have to go about 250 feet past the Chateau to be able to do a 3-point turn and get out.

When it came past, I waved at them. We do not get two cars a month down this road. The guy stopped and looked at my driveway, and said:

"I have a load of whitestone in the truck that I paid for, but the place I was to deliver it to went broke. I can finish your driveway all the way out to the road right now with my helper if you'd like."

"How much?" sez I.

"I will do it for $250. All leveled out and permanent."

So I brought him in to see the Beautiful Witch and he repeated his offer. Herself looked at me and I nodded. So did she.

I was glad to help him out, because he plainly was flat broke.

So now, I have a completely finished driveway, and there will be no more of pore ole me shoveling to replace washouts. Whitestone doesn't move.

It woulda cost me a ton more.

I looked up the installed cost from cheapest to average to best.

Crushed Stone – Total Average Cost per square foot$46.95$53.40$68.20

Speaking of Dr. Seuss ,I found the last of the lost Lorax .
giphy.gif

I just have to share this.

"If you shuffle a pack of cards properly, chances are that exact order has never been seen before in the whole history of the universe."

At first glance, that sounds like a gasper (AKA: Boolshit). But then if you think of what a shuffle is mathematically, it is the simply starting on your 52-factorial (52!) journey of possibilities.

https://coolconversion.com/math/factorial/_52_factorial?
➥ The factorial of 52! is exactly 80658175170943878571660636856403766975289505440883277824000000000000

So start dealing... and lemme know when you deal THAT same hand again.

Afternoon noon all.

Good to see you yarddog! Hope you are doing well.

Just got back from the chiropractor. Guy is really helping me. My back feels better than it has in years. I just have to be careful not to get into the lifetime treatment program. But it is nice to work in the grow without wincing in pain every couple of minutes.

Walt, you should do stand up comedy..!

Vodka and the Strawberry OG are fully kicked in now....my daily buzz has started. Question is.....when will it end....

Latest posts

Back