The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always mulch mow....grass all summer and leaves until the last one has fallen. Like a free application of fertilizer. Lots of nutrients in mulch.

228206998_366322925054469_7057982385345008698_n-jpeg.4963563

It is a process. I don't let to many fall before mulching. I have two large trees in my yard and although I am not overwhelmed they do drop a ton of leaves. Especially my Golden Maple. I planted it over 20 years ago. I hate bagging leaves. My Bradford Pear (non fruit bearring) is only 7 years old so not full grown yet. But still pretty good sized tree.

I still have a few leaves on my pear tree.....blowing leaves all over today as it is windy. Here is a picture. She suffered from fire blight for a couple of years but the Arborist saved it. Set her back but healthy now. Will grow into a nice shade tree.

IMG_20211111_133400575.jpg

You can see my Maple over the top of my roof. Huge beautiful tree. Shades the whole side of my house in the summer.

I've got over 500 oaks on my property, using a bagger is the only way to not smother my lawn...this year I'm considering a DR tow behind bagger...my ferris mulching bagger has gotten way too difficult for this old man to fight...this is my baby tractor, a 1957 farmall cub...
IMG_0728.JPG

Your cars and tractors are well maintained. Looks like you spend a lot of time at it. Good job.
there's no sense in investing money in such equipment if one doesn't take care of them...I do care for my gear and thanks for the kind words...it's a full time job keeping up with all the crap I have...add in 3 hours a day in the garden and you can see why I'm always busy...hippie, I have my own fuel tank and pump so I fill up before I leave the house...in my world fuel is a necessary expense...10.50 a gallon for 110 octane and 3.99 a gallon for ethanol free 90 octane...I use a lot...
superchargers....jpg

roster, my big boy has a habit of putting his head on the bed and stares at me until I get up to see what it is he wants...it's usually he needs to take a dump or his toilet isn't full...yeah, he has his own toilet, won't drink out of a bowl but loves his his hose water...
hippie, anything that has a compression ratio of more that 10.1 gets fuel added to the 90 octane alcohol free gas...the silver camaro and my black 55 chevy both run straight 110...it may be pricey but you can't take it with you... ;)

I don't have any oaks, but I have coconut and rubber trees <-- Think: "LEAVES!" When a rubber tree leaf falls, it makes a crashing sound you can hear for 100'. And a leaf falls dang near every minute.

When a coconut leaf falls... don't be under it! You could get a broken neck.

So... mulching is out. I have a sooper leaf blower to blow the rubber tree leaves from my driveway, but the coconut palm leaves from the 5 trees have to be dragged away across the road into the woods. (*pant, puf*)

Latest posts

Back