The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stomach is a bit better today. I have had issues with my stomach for years. Happens mostly in September when I start gorging myself on my tomatoes. I eat so many that my stomach can't take the acidity in them.

Glad it was easy and sorry the fix is so tough.............. Tomatoes are one of my favorite veggies.

Old fart? Yep, that's me. Cheers y'all
WELCOME Please stand Downwind.................
GrayCharmingGuernseycow-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

I got another "let's make a deal" on one of my novels. I actually thought it was legit, because the scammer took the time to read the reviews -- and use them to make me think she had read The Cadet -- The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century referencing the accuracy and drama. (It worked for a coupla minnits, BTW) Wanted to close a deal within 15 days.

So she gave me a "hotline" number in the note, along with her email company address with a URL hotlink.

They wanted to know if I owned The Cadet, and would I be willing to sell the rights to it.

Not my first rodeo. Was gonna be a 3-part miniseries before Fauci got going. So, I called the hotline. A foreign voice could be heard: "shunt" and the line went dead. Hmmm...

So I clicked on the URL link. Didn't go anywhere -- just lit up a new page on my homescreen.

So I tried to find the company, or the woman herself. Nope.

So I hit the email "return" with this reply:

If this is how you try to get a customer… with two dead-ends, you must really be darn hard to work with one.

Have a nice Christmas.

Walt C. Snedeker
(And yes, I own The Cadet)

There's some northbound 75 folks that ain't havin' a good day. Four lanes been down to one for the last two and a half hours. I was out back with the OH, putting 150 lights on a Charlie Brown tree and stringing 300' of power cord so I could light 'em up for my favorite neighbor (I can't see 'em from my house) and heard a BANG! Within 5 minutes, here goes a county mounty, then a state trooper, then another one of each, then a fire truck, then a meat wagon. Got my Christmas light caper done and the OH wants to drive down and see what happened. Looked like a semi had blown a front tire and wound up against the inside barrier wall. Unfortunately, it looked like he took a maroon SUV with him. Still a parking lot out there, so I imagine it's now an accident investigation involving a death/grievous injury. If so, it'll take 'em another hour or two before things get back to normal.

Latest posts

Back