The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Prison we washed our underwear and socks in the shitter. Didnt want to turn them in and end up with someone else's. Our toilets were very clean. Had to be a or you got your ass in trouble by the guards.
See the source image

You can not post something like this and expect any less of me .
I would have done the same thing, maybe I did LOL

Hey ya'll...had to take a break for a bit. Too much going on, wife is going to have surgery on her foot/leg, went to get glasses and she has cataracts, so now surgery for both eyes coming up. I have been having stomach problems...I swear this year has been the weirdest, wildest, suckiest year I can remember...Several friends have passed, another had a stroke, EVH passing... I guess it goes with the rest, the yellow jackets have been productive this year. Got stung twice and destroyed three nest, now have another in the back yard.

I have got some painting done on the house, doing the underpinning now, and the shutters on the front. Also have to trim up a screen door, paint it and install it. No grow going on at the moment, got to get the room cleaned out first, and do a little cementing, and smoke is getting low. Rain on the way, supposed to rain the next three days, wish we could just have one day maybe...

Hope everyone is doing well...
Condolences BudSniffer! Sadly it seems like part of getting older is losing friends and/or watching them fall apart.

Nice easy day going. Pressed kief into patties this morning and then started processing horse radish. Pain in my back side. First you grow it, then dig it up in the fall. Next using a veggie shredder I peal the skin like a carrot. Following that the food processor goes to work. This is the nasty part. You better be in open air using a gloves, face mask and eye protection. The fumes will burn the eyes and nose so bad you will drop to your knees. Now I add water and white vinegar to get the consistency I want. Mrs Pute is doing that and will put in jars.

Did I say nice easy going day........

giphy.gif

Nice easy day going. Pressed kief into patties this morning and then started processing horse radish. Pain in my back side. First you grow it, then dig it up in the fall. Next using a veggie shredder I peal the skin like a carrot. Following that the food processor goes to work. This is the nasty part. You better be in open air using a gloves, face mask and eye protection. The fumes will burn the eyes and nose so bad you will drop to your knees. Now I add water and white vinegar to get the consistency I want. Mrs Pute is doing that and will put in jars.

Did I say nice easy going day........

giphy.gif
I've got some too, never harvested any...don't you wait til the foliage is killed by the frost? I ain't sure...I dug one up a couple years ago, and it was so little I replanted it. We haven't had any frost yet....got a recipe Pute? I sure could use some help with it...wife won't eat it, but I like it.

@ Bud....simple process the cleaned roots with a food processor, I use a juicer first to break it up, then a bit of water and white vinegar. Use just enough to get is a bit less pasty. Mix it up and jar it. Here is a picture of the finished product just before going into jars.

This stuff will take the top of your head off.....

IMG_20201010_150401288.jpg

Got to tell this story,,hope nobody gets offended.
I was traveling in Arkansas week before last doing Survey's for Burkes Outlets. Hauling ass trying to get around a Truck and bam,,busted,lights come on, and a State Trooper pulls me over. Says i was doing 93 in a 70. Im like oh shit,,sorry officer,, just trying to get around a Truck. After he came back from checking my license and Insurance,,He handed me a ticket and said,,this is just warning and gave me a thumbs up and told me he liked my cap and walked away.😳
True story. I was shocked. That would have been upwards of a 300.00 ticket. I have never received a warning from a State Trooper in my life,, especially in Arkansas. How fking cool.
I cant say who's name was on the Cap,not important,,,whats important is i didnt have to pay a fine.👍

Latest posts

Back