The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang! I have had some that seared my sinuses...Did you pull it at a certain time of year, or is there something you look for? Mine the leaves are starting to look crappy, but still have a lot of green too....I have mine planted in a 20 gallon pot.
Harvest now! It will be back next spring. You won't get the whole root and can harvest next year.

Seems I've been getting busier and busier. With more broken stuff to fix and bush hogging for neighbors @ $50.oo n hr.. Also pulling down the last of the trees. The C99 x NL looks to produce over 2lbs. of fist size buds. :cool: The plant didn't get any extra water or food and still turned out great. It didn't even get any bugs on it. Witch was strange...

Wishing now I ran more sativas. As we are having an extra warm fall. The plant that came up in the garden is a sativa and is looking great (what's left of it) It smells like BBQ sauce, very unique. Can't wait to try it.

garden plnt 2.jpg

garden plnt.jpg

Going to be a hot day in the 90's today. Got to build another rabbit cage, as Blondie's rabbits are breeding like rabbits. LOL

train wreck #2.jpg

So I made up several quarts of yummy bread-and-butter pickles yestiddy.

Easypeasy to make: Cut up the lumpy kind of cucumbers in thin slices. Cut up a red bell pepper in thin slices. Cut up a nice big unyum in... you guessed it.

Mix in a cup of salt with the above, and blend all these things together in a big bowl. Let sit for five hours minimum. Then pour out the enormous amount of liquid that comes out of the veggies. Use a colander.

Mix up 2 cups white sugar and 1 cup cider vinegar, some celery seeds and some mustard seeds. Bring this mess to a boil. Dump in the cucumber mess and ALMOST bring it all back to a boil.

You are done. Just fill some jars and refrigerate at least one of them. They taste best cold. Ready to eat right away.

Another day is facing us. Hope you are waking up with a smile on your face! I'm gonna till the veggie garden and put it to bed for the winter. Glad, great year and most everything did great especially the tomatoes!!! But, I need a break in the action. I feel the same every year and by early spring I will be ready to do it again.

Got a little spooky last night, had storms come through, with several tornadoes within just a few miles. One just slightly north of us, and at least one slightly south, there were little ones scattered around. Scattered rain today, so just sittin' in the house killing time...might break out my guitar and play a little later, haven't touched it in a long time.

Latest posts

Back