The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning everybody happy fry-day. Yes I move more like Fred Flintstone, my best move is falling down the stairs. Did someone say sweet tea? That will come after my dr pepper. So get your wake and bake started.
I figured if you like sweet tea, it would be an RC cola and a moonpie. Don't know if they still make RC cola.

Bubba

I figured if you like sweet tea, it would be an RC cola and a moonpie. Don't know if they still make RC cola.

Bubba
Yes they do, or they are really old. Saw some in a store just the other day, but don't ask me where. I guess I was stoned. By the way I am a native Texan I had dr pepper in my baby bottle when I was a kid.

Never liked wet peanuts till I moved to Georgia and got hooked on boiled peanuts
Back in the Olden Days of Weedie and Himself, it was standard practice to get a 10c cellophane bag of salted peanuts to dump on the RC bottle.

So you drank and munched. We considered either of those things by themselves to be incomplete...

Interesting
As for the theories, there are a few on how it began in the 1920s. The first is that it became a snack for blue-collar workers with dirty hands who often didn't have a clean place to rest their peanuts. So into their Coca-Cola, they went for hands-free snacking.

The next theory is that people took to pouring peanuts in Coca-Cola to keep one hand free to smoke. The final theory is that people just preferred it that way. So that's the way it was, and always will be.

Hi you old farts missed you guys and gals. Computer went down just got set up with a new one (well it's refurnished) today.

I never had peanut butter or peanut in my RC cola but it sounds like I would enjoy one.
Hey Ness. Glad you’re back online. Nice to have a new computer I’m sure 😊

Morning everybody happy fry-day. Yes I move more like Fred Flintstone, my best move is falling down the stairs. Did someone say sweet tea? That will come after my dr pepper. So get your wake and bake started.
I mentioned sweet tea cause you tried to order it when we at lunch in Denver. I hadn't heard it called "sweet" tea since I was a kid.

@ness Try not doing this again
HmDkiKTORZe0uhNNWlHH_c7.0.gif

Latest posts

Back