The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ness Try not doing this again
HmDkiKTORZe0uhNNWlHH_c7.0.gif

I'll do that when I bring the old one in to retrieve my picture I have store on it.

Pute I guess I had a Dr pepper, was thinking I had the sweet tea. That must have been at olive garden, cause when we went to the big red crawfish I was drinking mudslides. The place we met up at had some good sandwiches. Was some great smoke afterwards, and the company couldn't have been any better you and Mrs. Pute are golden.

Pute I guess I had a Dr pepper, was thinking I had the sweet tea. That must have been at olive garden, cause when we went to the big red crawfish I was drinking mudslides. The place we met up at had some good sandwiches. Was some great smoke afterwards, and the company couldn't have been any better you and Mrs. Pute are golden.

giggy did I read that right you meet Mr and Mrs Pute's. That's neat. Nice to see you had a good time.

Ness yes we met up had lunch and afterwards we had a nice visit. The wife and Mrs. Pute talked like they had known each other for years. Pute and I have known each other for years but just met then, we have been on several sites together over the years, as well as afew more of the folks here.

Hi you old farts missed you guys and gals. Computer went down just got set up with a new one (well it's refurnished) today.

I never had peanut butter or peanut in my RC cola but it sounds like I would enjoy one.
Interesting
As for the theories, there are a few on how it began in the 1920s. The first is that it became a snack for blue-collar workers with dirty hands who often didn't have a clean place to rest their peanuts. So into their Coca-Cola, they went for hands-free snacking.

The next theory is that people took to pouring peanuts in Coca-Cola to keep one hand free to smoke. The final theory is that people just preferred it that way. So that's the way it was, and always will be.

I never heard any theories. Another kid did it and I copied. They have to be roasted and salted peanuts and you have to load the slow because the salt makes it fizz. Haven't done it since a kid, nor do I drink colas anymore, but I remember them as good.

I never heard any theories. Another kid did it and I copied. They have to be roasted and salted peanuts and you have to load the slow because the salt makes it fizz. Haven't done it since a kid, nor do I drink colas anymore, but I remember them as good.
I think it started way before your time
Maybe when walt was 10yrs old LOL

The Cherry Creme Brule turned out tasty but when I went to the three local groceries, none had the dark cherries, nor did any have mandarin oranges, but I found some nice navel oranges and am candying the peel to go with the remaining Creme Brule.

Grayfox is due home at any time, so she may be early for the candied peel but I have Creme Brule available to celebrate being home.

Last edited:
I think it started way before your time
Maybe when walt was 10yrs old LOL

I'm not sure when God invented peanuts, but ah infer he did that before gifting humanity with Walt.

Since we didn't have peanuts here until the Africans brought them in the 1700's, Walt probably didn't have them before that, and most likely no earlier than when RC Cola was founded.

Looks like RC Cola was founded in 1905, so assuming Walt tried it shortly thereafter, if I have my numbers straight, he was probably more like 50 at the time.

You can occasionally find them in the country around here but nothing like in Georgia, they were everywhere. I guess I have to make my own. They do have peanuts here
I've seen them at Walmart grocery area. Easier to find in the south. A guy in my office eats them all the time. Never cared for the texture of the boiled ones. Obviously many people do!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back