The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our dogs make our lives so much better . We are blessed dogs are in our lives...

You got that right joe. My dogs are spoiled. I'll always have dogs.
When I was around 8 I was playing with some girlfriends there was three of the neighbor dogs hanging around with us. After a while the dogs took off. Not to much time went by and we saw the one dog running fast at us not looking to friendly. I told my girlfriend to get down she didn't she just stood there crying. Well, the dog jump on me. I was so scared. It was winter so I had a coat on. My friend went home crying. I told her to get my mother. She didn't it just happen that my mom hears her crying and ask where I was. I guess she pointed or something because my mother picks up a two by four 9 month pregnant and chased the dog away. Went to the hospital got my shot and dress up my bits (not to bad at all because of coat. After that I didn't leave the house for two weeks until my mom made be. After a lot of fussing, I agree to go to the store, but my brother had to come with me.

Just me and my older sister love pets the rest of family doesn't. So, when I got out on my own, I've had dogs with me for most of my life. My family couldn't understand why I love dogs after being attack by one. When I met a new dog I got to say I'll leery until I'm sure the dog like me. Never had a problem with a dog since.

Good Luck Ness
My wife had non cancerous cysts removed also, they treat it as could be but the tests revealed benign .
Did they do any Needle aspirations 1st, or are they just going in and cutting them out? My wife wanted them out so they did.

Nothing has taking place yet until I get my mammogram. And they have not called me to set up appointment. They are pretty fast on calling. Maybe Monday.

pass puff puff pass😇

Thank you SubG it will. Did they take yours's out? My is a little tender. Isn't when the lump doesn't hurt is when it might be cancer. I'll find out. Been under knife to many times.:eek:
No they didn’t but I had say so about that. They were extremely worried as my mother as well as all the gals in my family have had it so I guess they were assuming there was a problem. I did not have pain with the lump nor did I find it myself. It was found by my doc during an annual exam. (i told him that I didn’t notice it or feel what he felt or feel anything unusual to me and felt I knew my breasts better than he did). I had two different mammograms and a sonogram all negative and was still sent to a surgeon who did not have a lot of experience with breasts. He was a general surgeon… he talked about taking a sample with a needle but I told him that since all the tests were negative, I didn’t want to take the chance with poking any needle in there (especially from a general surgeon just for GP). He agreed with me that there was probably no problem and said to just keep an eye out on it. My current regular mammogram was also negative. It’s good that you are getting it checked out tho as they can really do something if caught early. My momma had it in her early 50s and went thru the chemo/radiation treatments which was very hard on her but nipped it in the bud until she had a relaps in her early 80s. her body was not strong enough to do the radiation and chemo again so she’s riding it out taking some therapy for side effects. My best to you but try not to worry as that will only cause more problems for you. They have come a long way nowadays with breast cancer and we have many more tools and know how with it. You are in my thoughts. 🥰

No they didn’t but I had say so about that. They were extremely worried as my mother as well as all the gals in my family have had it so I guess they were assuming there was a problem. I did not have pain with the lump nor did I find it myself. It was found by my doc during an annual exam. (i told him that I didn’t notice it or feel what he felt or feel anything unusual to me and felt I knew my breasts better than he did). I had two different mammograms and a sonogram all negative and was still sent to a surgeon who did not have a lot of experience with breasts. He was a general surgeon… he talked about taking a sample with a needle but I told him that since all the tests were negative, I didn’t want to take the chance with poking any needle in there (especially from a general surgeon just for GP). He agreed with me that there was probably no problem and said to just keep an eye out on it. My current regular mammogram was also negative. It’s good that you are getting it checked out tho as they can really do something if caught early. My momma had it in her early 50s and went thru the chemo/radiation treatments which was very hard on her but nipped it in the bud until she had a relaps in her early 80s. her body was not strong enough to do the radiation and chemo again so she’s riding it out taking some therapy for side effects. My best to you but try not to worry as that will only cause more problems for you. They have come a long way nowadays with breast cancer and we have many more tools and know how with it. You are in my thoughts. 🥰

Thanks SG. best to your mom. Not worried yet. You guy are the best.:cool:

You got that right joe. My dogs are spoiled. I'll always have dogs.
When I was around 8 I was playing with some girlfriends there was three of the neighbor dogs hanging around with us. After a while the dogs took off. Not to much time went by and we saw the one dog running fast at us not looking to friendly. I told my girlfriend to get down she didn't she just stood there crying. Well, the dog jump on me. I was so scared. It was winter so I had a coat on. My friend went home crying. I told her to get my mother. She didn't it just happen that my mom hears her crying and ask where I was. I guess she pointed or something because my mother picks up a two by four 9 month pregnant and chased the dog away. Went to the hospital got my shot and dress up my bits (not to bad at all because of coat. After that I didn't leave the house for two weeks until my mom made be. After a lot of fussing, I agree to go to the store, but my brother had to come with me.

Just me and my older sister love pets the rest of family doesn't. So, when I got out on my own, I've had dogs with me for most of my life. My family couldn't understand why I love dogs after being attack by one. When I met a new dog I got to say I'll leery until I'm sure the dog like me. Never had a problem with a dog since.

Sad that you got such a poor start with dogs, but good that you have risen above it. We are kindred spirits, so dogs usually like me and I was an adult before I got my first dog bite, making me less leery, which has gotten me bitten three times, once seriously.

The first was a squatters mixed breed, who was guarding the camper that showed up in the parking lot of a project I was managing. He warned me to stay away, but I sweet talked him enough to pet him and when I stopped petting him he bit me enough to tear my shirt and make me bleed.

The second was a pit bull guarding a houseboat who warned me and I let him sniff my hand, which he bit and made me bleed.

The third was a complete surprise and most serious. A friend walked by with his two Rotts on leash, one his old male, and the other his new six-month-old pup. The old male was struggling to get to me because we are old buds and as I was petting him the pup struggled to get his share of the attention, so I ASSumed that he had the same temperament as all the other Rotts I've known, and petted him with my other hand.

As I was not paying close attention, I missed the signs and he bit through the pad between my hand and thumb in one quick snap. Off to the emergency ward with that one but am glad to say it hasn't affected how I feel about dog, only encouraged me to pay closer attention with new dogs.

Here is me with my first pup:

James Duane Ellis with puppy.jpg

I hope all goes well Ness. My Wife dealt with Vulvar Cancer last yr. It was fking horrible watching her go thru the Radiation and chemotherapy. She was 69. Now she is 70 and Cancer free. Hers was more like a skin cancer in her private place. They burned her up pretty bad with fking radiation. I felt so bad for her.
She is one tough cookie. Then again Women are tougher then men when it comes to pain and that's a proven fact. Any man that doesn't think so needs to have a bowling come outta their ass and they will find out real fast why women have the children.😜😁
And NO Roster,,, Gerbils don't count.😂😁

Morning old farts. I'm setting in front of a Mexican store waiting for it to open. Got to get some crumbly cheese for breakfast. I would tell you what the wife is making but I can't spell it.😳
Saw this and thought of you and your lovely wife.
marry a mexican.png

I hope all goes well Ness. My Wife dealt with Vulvar Cancer last yr. It was fking horrible watching her go thru the Radiation and chemotherapy. She was 69. Now she is 70 and Cancer free. Hers was more like a skin cancer in her private place. They burned her up pretty bad with fking radiation. I felt so bad for her.
She is one tough cookie. Then again Women are tougher then men when it comes to pain and that's a proven fact. Any man that doesn't think so needs to have a bowling come outta their ass and they will find out real fast why women have the children.😜😁
Roster is WAY past gerbils. Last I knew, he was using wolverines......

Thank you Hopper. Happy to hear your wife overcame Vlvar Cancer, radiation much of been wicked.:eek:

Yes it was horrible Ness because of the area they radiate. I don't know how she could even walk. She only did the Chemo for a week every day and told them to shove that shit up their asses. She said she truly believes the Chemotherapy would have killed her. What pisses me off is they got rid of the cancer with radiation and didn't even need the god damn chemo poison. Nurse told her that the chemo takes you as close to death as you can get without killing you in order to kill the cancer.
Bet the fkers have a cure but the cure doesn't have enough money in it for Big Pharma.😡

Does she still crave your Rooster

they say the chemo didn't kill linda but I have a different opinion...it opened the door for the grim reaper...it took all the good parts and left us with what was left...what a sad part of my life...
So so Sorry Brother No one deserves what you have had to endure

Latest posts

Back