The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coco but not finely ground. this stuff right here.
View attachment 264754
rinse it 3-4 times when new to get the salts out first. works good
Can I ask what nutes you run are you using lucas formula 6ml micro 9ml bloom?
Never saw this before,
Are you hand watering everyday, or using some type of dripper system?
How many grows ? regrows are you getting, can you reuse the chunky coco for another grow?

Have a great evening OFs, I just stuffed my face, probably no room for ice cream tonight, maybe just a piece of fruit. Maybe after a little guitar and weed puffing I'll change my mind.

For my little passive hydro system I use clay pellets (hydroton?). Rinse them out after each harvest and use them again. I think I've been using the same ones about ten years. For nutes I use Advance Nutrients Sensi Bloom PH Perfect two part and veg I use Dyna Grow. Simple shyt but it works pretty good.

+1 on the clay balls. I've grown hydro in just about everything. Used those white granite chips a couple of times. Used pea gravel once but it was hard to rinse.

Earned my neighbor merit badge today. Older couple two doors down trimmed up a bunch of trees and had nowhere to put the branches. The gal asked the Old Hen if she knew anyone that would cart 'em off or chip 'em. Took the FEL with the forks on it down and made two quick loads out of the pile. Got a spot way out back where I burn 'em as soon as the snow's covering the ground. She knew better than to offer me any money, but the thank you's sure made me feel good. I told her that's what neighbors are for, and she told me I was the best she'd ever had. Got me all warm and smiling. Good neighbors like them are hard to find. Gotta take care of 'em when you can.

indoor can be hard to learn. i did an outdoor once, prefer indoor myself. much safer than outdoor in my neck of the woods. i did ok in dirt, but being able to reuse the coco, and then having the watering set up on a timer means i can leave home for a week at a time without issues. as long as you get to the end result, the way their really doesn't matter.
That is what I am talking about can we see your watering setup?

Night all, gonna go vape and watch a movie...............................
See the source image

Sorry for your loss Patwi.
I never should’ve got bones for the dogs yesterday. The pup exhibited some seriously nasty behavior towards Marley, sounded like a wolf on a kill. Worst part was having to get up at 2:30 to throw them out and clean up after the older dog. No more bones!
That's a common thing, Rocky. My back neighbor has two absolutely adorable dogs. One is a gotch-eyed, fluffy huskie (one blue, one brown eye), and the other is one of those black razor blades with a pelt rather than fur. Doberman.

They come begging for nummies (I am a soft touch). They share scraps like soul mates. But if you toss a bone to them, they will really go at each other. NO bones.

Latest posts

Back