The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beauty is only skin deep but ugliness is through and through.

ahhhh , moar coffee

2CB7C770-5894-46B0-B23C-B9423CE72055.jpeg
CA058F8D-37C9-4E1A-AE55-6179951B4069.jpeg
AD7C5792-EEC7-466D-AAC5-767DA5466B2D.png

Lets see...what has happened since my last post.

Chainsaw work non stop, with weeks of work to go....

Took a day off to go fishing. On the way to the fishing hole. I was taken out by a feral pig. Crusing along on a 4 wheeler. A feral bore hog decided to cut me off. Hit the fat fooker broadside. This tossed me up and back down on the left side peg. Hitting my a$$ on the left cheek. A knot the size of a tennis ball grew from the spot. The next 3 days were a living he ll. Couldn't sit down on any hard chair. Taking a dump.… just say that pulling teeth would have been a better situation.

Healing up now.

The pig squealed and ran off into the woods.

Going fishing again today. Will be driving the 4x4 and if I see him I will take him out where ever he goes.

Have a good one...

49321981495d02f186f896923c1dfb89ccb46248.jpg

Stain, glad your ok other than bumps & bruises!
Down here in the swamps you can take a wild pig ANY time, outside of city limits. And I live in unincorporated county. I may not be able to own a gun any more, but I sure do have a bow with some nice broadheads...
In Texas you can have a weapon in your home if its been 5yrs since you discharged a sentence, probation, or parole. But thats State law not federal law. The stupid thing is i still cant buy one legally without a pardon. My Wife can buy them though. 😉

Took a day off to go fishing. On the way to the fishing hole. I was taken out by a feral pig. Crusing along on a 4 wheeler. A feral bore hog decided to cut me off. Hit the fat fooker broadside. This tossed me up and back down on the left side peg. Hitting my a$$ on the left cheek. A knot the size of a tennis ball grew from the spot. The next 3 days were a living he ll. Couldn't sit down on any hard chair. Taking a dump.… just say that pulling teeth would have been a better situation.

Damn brother! I just hate shit like that, especially the taking a dump standing up part. I blame it on the hawg and glad you're healing.

I stood on the scales this morning and immediately understood why my lower back has gotten more snively of late and my pants have gotten tight. I blame that on no longer working out at the gym four days a week during lock down and my fork hand. Time to diet, or maybe just lock my teeth in a safe with a time lock.

Stain, glad your ok other than bumps & bruises!
Down here in the swamps you can take a wild pig ANY time, outside of city limits. And I live in unincorporated county. I may not be able to own a gun any more, but I sure do have a bow with some nice broadheads...
I got my last hawg with my crossbow. Red dot sight. 44 yards skull shot. He did the "Dead Piggy Breakdown" right on the spot.

Haven't seen a wild hog around the ranch, but the next town three miles away has a small problem with 'em. Any place with a dumpster is home to them. DNR says they ain't the original wild ones, but domestic hogs that have gotten loose and within a few generations, reverted back. Crazy how they can do that.

I got my last hawg with my crossbow. Red dot sight. 44 yards skull shot. He did the "Dead Piggy Breakdown" right on the spot.

I still have a scoped 175lb Barnett Commando crossbow and 4 bladed broadhead bolts, but have never hunted with it. It has a profile aluminum stock that breaks in the middle to cock it and has a tempered steel bow. The cocking part is a nice feature, but at 175lb I can still cock it by hand, with my feet on the inside of the bow.

Haven't seen a wild hog around the ranch, but the next town three miles away has a small problem with 'em. Any place with a dumpster is home to them. DNR says they ain't the original wild ones, but domestic hogs that have gotten loose and within a few generations, reverted back. Crazy how they can do that.
We didn't have wild hogs where I grew up, but mah pappy used to dispatch our hogs with a single 22 long rifle round between the eyes. They never even squealed.

I've seen pictures of feral hogs, and they get a whole lot bigger than wild hogs and peccaries. It is amazing how they also revert back to growing tusks in a few generations.

We had a young half grown Hampshire pig escape one time and never heard of it again, but are pretty sure we know which neighbor harvested it, based on the direction the tracks headed.

Attachments

• Bug hawg.jpg
    Bug hawg.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back