The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripped out four evergreen bushes yesterday and spent 3.5 hours on a rake and shovel cleaning up the mess. Who ever came up with the idea of using lava rocks for ground cover should be forced to have backdoor sex with a Clydesdale/Morgan. PITA.

@ EC. You get around. You have almost as many accounts on here as sites we have been on together.

@ Hippie. My back would fire me....how is yours doing.

Another day in the books. Walk taken and major work day in the grow. I also was give the chore of sharpening all Mrs Putes knives.

Bet ya can't guess what I am doing now that my work day is over......

Last edited:
@ EC. You get around. You have almost as many accounts on here as sites we have been on together.

@ Hippie. My back would fire me....how is yours doing.

Another day in the books. Walk taken and major work day in the grow. I also was give the chore of sharpening all Mrs Putes knives.

Bet ya can't guess what I am doing now that my work day is over......
1628117940107.png

Are those what they call blunts?

My gawd. Some folks must have bales of weed. ONE of those things there would fill my Volcano three fargin times. And each fill would last about three days...

(figure-figure-add-divide) -- There's between 7 and 9 of them... so essentially a fargin month's supply for yer ole Unca.

Gawd. And sumbody gonna blow it in two hours. While stinkin' drunk.

Life sometimes ain't fair. 👯‍♀️ 🤔🤷‍♂️

1628161121925.png

Morning OFC. Thanks for the early morning chuckle Walt.

Cool morning...52f at sunrise. Won't be long before the days start to cool a bit. Late summer and early fall are my favorite time of year. Fall comes early at 6,000 ft.

Need to take the dog out....no walk today....to much fargin smoke in the sky.

@Tattered,

These two quote triggered some funny memories--

I agree that 3 1/2" 12 ga may be overkill, but either the 2 3/4" round should be fine indoors or outdoors with #4 buck.

I traded my 2 3/4" 12ga shooter to get a brand new 3 1/2" 12ga turkey gun. Except for practice, I have fired it five times. Got five turkeys with the thing. Love the beast, but it has a recoil like a .50 cal.

Peace of mind is a good thing. I assembled my own alarm systems from components and found chips that bark like dogs, but not one that sounded like a 12 gauge chambering a round. I think that might be worth its weigh in gold, especially if all the lights come on at the same time.

Back in the Olden Days, one of my buds got some leave time. After a coupla days, he got pretty oiled at the local boozer, and decided to play a little trick on his wife.

When he got home, he snuck around the back to the ground-floor bedroom window, and began to silently lift it up. He got it pretty well opened... and he heard his 12ga being racked back in the darkness of the bedroom.

He hit the ground with his hands over his head, screaming: "Honey! It's ME! Don't shoot!"

When he told us that story, I laughed so hard, tears ran down my leg.
Never racked a shotgun for effect. I will say that while giving someone the eye to eye death stare and just blast off a round unexpectedly.
Wet their pants every time, guaranteed and there will be no mistake of the commitment you are giving the moment!

bubba

Never racked a shotgun for effect. I will say that while giving someone the eye to eye death stare and just blast off a round unexpectedly.
Wet their pants every time, guaranteed and there will be no mistake of the commitment you are giving the moment!

bubba
While I can't deny the effect of the sound of a pump shotgun being racked, I'm not one for giving my position away. Safety off, BANG! I was taught old school. If you brandish it, you use it.

Latest posts

Back