The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the opposite I started out with a Datsun B210 then a Datsun truck then switched to toyotas. I never had any maintenance issues except for oil changes. I drive a 4 runner
My first car tho was a Chevy nova. Sold it to a preachers kid who totaled it the first day. Didn’t realize what I had, it was a sweet first car for a young girl.

1666879921312.png

Hi everybody, I wanted to share something awesome with all of you! I only grow veggies and herbs outside (herbs being basil, mint, rosemary, dill, etc.), but this summer I had a visitor in my Blue Skullcap (first pic). She outgrew (!) this little plant (she was long enough to hang off my open palm on both ends) and spent the final weeks of this summer in my Spearmint. There was a smaller mantid (male) hanging around, and suddenly they were both gone. I figured a bird had spied her hanging out and scooped her up. Today I was harvesting more of my mini sweet peppers, and the second pic is what I found on a pepper stem - her ootheca (egg casing)! I'm thrilled, as there should be 200-300 little mantids developing inside. I'll leave her on the stem until the pepper plant dies (if it does this winter) and then keep it in the garage until spring (if you bring it inside in a paper sack, they will hatch as soon as they can and will run everywhere - ask me how I know this!). I've never seen a mantid lay her ootheca on a plant before - I've always found them on trees and larger branches. So I thought I'd share this with you to brighten your day today! 🙂

Attachments

• Mantid-08-07-22-Web.jpg
    Mantid-08-07-22-Web.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 0
  • Ootheca 10-27-22.jpg
    Ootheca 10-27-22.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
new ford trucks today are all made in Mexico .. third world stuff and quality
My one and only Ford was kinda made in Mexico. The engine and tranny were made there by Ford under license from Mazda. The body/running gear were made in Turkey, and it was assembled there.
Back in my working days, the Ford trannys (autos) weren't worth a crap, and they still used coil springs in the rear that always seemed to break. Never had any problems with Chevys except for a '81 Scottsdale that had a bad heat treat in the cam. Sold it along with a new cam to a coworker. The 350 V8 was hard to kill as well as the Vortex V6. First S10 had one in it and was the fastest vehicle that I ever owned. Second one was slower, but got better gas mileage. Third one was the last year for 'em, and still not as fast as the '90, about the same gas mileage as the '94, but was the last S10 made and only available in a four door 4WD. Haven't been without a 4WD since.

Latest posts

Back