The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing Turkeys are back but still price twice the price they were
When will the prices go back down?
My wife already grabbed a turkey last week and we had an early Thanksgiving dinner , without stuffing , save that for the real day.
\
Is everyone going through the hassle of doing a turkey?
We do a Ham also.
Ham, probably. I did a Prime Rib one year for my daughter's boyfriend, outside on my ceramic grill. Temperature dropped to the low 30's and it was windy. I put up my 12X12 canopy, then wrapped tarps around it to keep the wind down.

I had that canopy tied to my retainer wall, to my house, and to my truck. LOL That's the only Prime Rib I've ever smoked, and it turned out AWESOME! I was so proud of myself! I'm scared to do it again, though, 'cause I just know I'll screw it up next time.

That first one's name wasn't Hippie, was it? o_O
1700076716829.png

Had an uncle that wouldn't eat canned corn. He worked in a factory in Missouri. He said the guys would spit their chew in the vat.

Yes. It's called a frying pan.

Breakfast/lunch/dinner of champions!

I've fried a couple of birds. Best turkey I've ever eaten. It does take a little common sense, like not doing it anywhere near combustible stuff. I always put the bird in the pot and filled it up with water deep enough to cover the bird. Then I haul the bird out and let it dry. I make a mark on the pot to indicate the water level and dump the water out and dry the pot. Next comes the oil up to the level I marked on the pot. Fire up the burner and let it get hot and then replace the bird. Easy peasy.
I always keep a proper fire extinguisher handy, just in case.
Me and my Brother in law deep fry 7or 8 turkeys every Thanksgiving at his house. I've done it for years. You better have a brain and knowledge of deep frying or you will get hurt really bad.
This year I've decided I'm having Thanksgiving at my house. I just ordered me a brand new deep fryer and everything that goes with it.
We don't really care for the goddamn Turkey so we are Deep frying a couple Chickens.

Me and my Brother in law deep fry 7or 8 turkeys every Thanksgiving at his house. I've done it for years. You better have a brain and knowledge of deep frying or you will get hurt really bad.
This year I've decided I'm having Thanksgiving at my house. I just ordered me a brand new deep fryer and everything that goes with it.
We don't really care for the goddamn Turkey so we are Deep frying a couple Chickens.
We use a propane fired seafood boiler with peanut oil for fried turkey, as well as for boiling seafood.

Do you inject your turkeys first?

Hippie in my younger days I lived outside of Paris Texas I a little town called Powderly.
I worked for Campbell Soup. Didn't eat Campbell soup after that for years and I'll leave it at that.
I also worked for Pilgrims Pride in Arkansas.
If you seen the shit I've seen on those nasty ass cage restricted chickens. You would not eat chickens from those goddamn plants. They are horrible with all kinds of sores and sick as fk. Not to mention full of steroids and crap.
Always look for pasture raised chickens. Chicken breast are not supposed to be so big the fking chicken can't walk good. Those big breast on chickens are from steroids.
Most pasture raised chickens that eat healthy are no that fking big.

We use a propane fired seafood boiler with peanut oil for fried turkey, as well as for boiling seafood.

Do you inject your turkeys first?
Yeah that the best part of propane deep frying is injecting. Love to inject some awesome stuff to make it taste great

Some scientists argue that the egg is alive because it contains potential life, while others argue that it is not because it is not actively performing life functions.
Is this the same science that just released a report blaming a cataclysmic collision on earth for causing a long period of no sunlight, which is what eventually wiped out the dinosaurs 67 million years ago? '

Cause...there were dinosaurs and alligators in North America at the same time...and science says alligators are 600 million years old. And they're still here. How did they survive with no sunlight? Just wonderin'.

Last edited:
One advantage of being as old as I am -- a satisfaction severely limited to just a few:

Every friggin' one of the those who have done me wrong is dead. 👿
I can say that for the folks that I went to school with, but not those younger ones who screwed over me recently.

Is this the same science that just released a report blaming a cataclysmic collision on earth for causing a long period of no sunlight, which is what eventually wiped out the dinosaurs? '

Cause...there were dinosaurs and alligators in North America at the same time...and science says alligators are 600 million years old. And they're still here. How did they survive with no sunlight? Just wonderin'.
No a different science I’m sure…🤪

Hippie in my younger days I lived outside of Paris Texas in a little town called Powderly.
I worked for Campbell Soup. Didn't eat Campbell soup after that for years and I'll leave it at that.
If you seen the shit I've seen on those nasty ass cage restricted chickens. You would not eat chickens from those goddamn plants. They are horrible with all kinds of sores and sick as fk. Not to mention full of steroids and crap.
Always look for pasture raised chickens. Chicken breast are not supposed to be so big the fking chicken can't walk good. Those big breast on chickens are from steroids.
Most pasture raised chickens that eat healthy are not that fking big.
Factual shit, right there. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Hippie in my younger days I lived outside of Paris Texas I a little town called Powderly.
Most pasture raised chickens that eat healthy are no that fking big.

same, except it was Plantation Foods '81 in Waco as one of their mechanic trainees .. chickens and turkeys with huge cancerous abscesses still sent through the process ..I lasted 3 months

Ham, probably. I did a Prime Rib one year for my daughter's boyfriend, outside on my ceramic grill. Temperature dropped to the low 30's and it was windy. I put up my 12X12 canopy, then wrapped tarps around it to keep the wind down.

I had that canopy tied to my retainer wall, to my house, and to my truck. LOL That's the only Prime Rib I've ever smoked, and it turned out AWESOME! I was so proud of myself! I'm scared to do it again, though, 'cause I just know I'll screw it up next time.
The group has a 24 hour hotline for all types of emergencies including food ones :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back