The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did odd and end crap when I was a kid to make money, had a lucrative non licenced pharmaceutical business by the time I was 15, went to a real job at 18, and retired at the ripe old age of 50. My goal is to draw my pension for as long as I paid into it. Got another 12 years to make it!

Good idea!

I started paying in my teens and paid the maximum from my early twenties until I retired at age 62.
I got a work permit at 15 and started paying the max. Married my CPA wife at age 34 and she convinced me to pay "only what I had to", because gummint uses the extra to make money (on 'investment' interest), but they don't pay interest to me on the overage that I'd paid. Made sense to me.

I retired a year and a half ago at 65, and have yet to draw a SS check. Guess I'd better get on that, before it's all gone. :mad:

I'm up all night. Getting out of bed is the problem

Yeah, I struggle with remembering the boot camp days when I could be outside standing in formation at attention in two minutes - that after eliminating, brushing my teeth, buttoning my fatigue pants and finishing dressing.

Two minutes: in uniform and standing at attention.

I'm lucky now if I can put my damned shoes on in 5 minutes after waking up! lol

I wish I could sleep until 5AM. Usually, I'm up at 3 or 4AM.

Then I crash at 6-7PM. lol
That's usually the time I get to sleep. Up at 0830-0900 in the morning. Squawkers want to be fed.

Yeah, I struggle with remembering the boot camp days when I could be outside standing in formation at attention in two minutes - that after eliminating, brushing my teeth, buttoning my fatigue pants and finishing dressing.

Two minutes: in uniform and standing at attention.

I'm lucky now if I can put my damned shoes on in 5 minutes after waking up! lol
Yeah,,, well I use to be able to pick up a wet beach towel and put it on my pecker and use it like a towel rack,,now I can't hold a dry wash rag.🤪

Latest posts

Back