The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is some good decarb information:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-1-decarboxylation/

You can also decarb herb in the oven using a turkey bag, without stinking up the house.
Great article. I had read that THC degrades into CBN over time(which is likely why my old bud stash has such a narcotic effect I guess(which I am partial too as well)). But it also helps explain why my slow cooker cannabutter has a similar narcotic effect. I cut them into ~1” cubes and a good dose for a functioning buzz is about a quarter of a cube. My wife ate a whole cube 6 or 7 years ago and wound up having to go to bed(and woke up STONED). A friends wife ate 8 of them. She was addicted to opioids but he had never seen her catatonic for days on end. She was always a coont to me so I got a chuckle out of that…

Here is some good decarb information:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/10-the-alchemist-resource/10-1-decarboxylation/

You can also decarb herb in the oven using a turkey bag, without stinking up the house.
Very interesting read my friend. Didn't realize how great the properties were of weed(THCA and CBDA) that hasn't been decarboxylated. Im guessing it would be awesome for tea right or would the hot water mess that up?
And the 250f heat for 27 mins is pretty much what I use for decarboxylation.

Great article. I had read that THC degrades into CBN over time(which is likely why my old bud stash has such a narcotic effect I guess(which I am partial too as well)). But it also helps explain why my slow cooker cannabutter has a similar narcotic effect. I cut them into ~1” cubes and a good dose for a functioning buzz is about a quarter of a cube. My wife ate a whole cube 6 or 7 years ago and wound up having to go to bed(and woke up STONED). A friends wife ate 8 of them. She was addicted to opioids but he had never seen her catatonic for days on end. She was always a coont to me so I got a chuckle out of that…
Thanks for the appreciation brother! As you note, a long cook promotes higher CBN, which is a sedative.

One size doesn't fit all and what you covet as an end product determines the best process.
Very interesting read my friend. Didn't realize how great the properties were of weed(THCA and CBDA) that hasn't been decarboxylated. Im guessing it would be awesome for tea right or would the hot water mess that up?
And the 250f heat for 27 mins is pretty much what I use for decarboxylation.
Thanks! No need to decarboxylate if you aren't trying to pass the blood brain barrier to reach the CB-1 receptors in the brain, and as you note the carboxylic acid states of THC and CBD also have their own medicinal properties.

Interestingly, the plant first produces CBG and then decides whether to convert it to THC-A or CBD-A. Land race was higher in CBD-A, but was selectively bred to convert more to THC-A instead. Of note is that CBG also has significant medical properties.

Family drama Day 1

Your dogs are loud. I put my babies outside.
All I can smell is your weed it is giving me a headache. I moved her to the front room. Your cat keeps jumping on me. First off they are kittens not cats. Second quit your bitching. I told you to get a hotel. We do not have any extra room. I locked my cats in my bed room. It’s hot up here. Me Just go to your Hotel. I slammed the door and left. Oh yeah and earlier we were sitting in Dads room and I said help me shower dad in front of him she said ewww gross. What a b.itch. Saturday night will not come soon enough. She already asked for weed to take to her husband. I told her to hit up a dispensary. If my weed stinks you dont get none!

Family drama Day 1

All I can smell is your weed it is giving me a headache. I moved her to the front room. Your cat keeps jumping on me. First off they are kittens not cats. Second quit your bitching. I told you to get a hotel. We do not have any extra room. I locked my cats in my bed room. It’s hot up here. Me Just go to your Hotel. I slammed the door and left. Oh yeah and earlier we were sitting in Dads room and I said help me shower dad in front of him she said ewww gross. What a b.itch. Saturday night will not come soon enough. She already asked for weed to take to her husband. I told her to hit up a dispensary. If my weed stinks you dont get none!
Throw her azz out

Family drama Day 1

Move on

He GW, ya never answered my question. Do you ever add white vinegar to soups or sauces? It was only a tablespoon, but they claimed it gives it a special flavor.
I only ask 'cause I know you love to cook.
Generally when you add vinegar (unless like a dressing) to a recipe. Its to turn the milk into buttermilk. Adding vinegar or lemon juice will get you buttermilk in like 5 min or less

So you are saying you are an ugly Mo fo
Not just another pretty face for sure.
He GW, ya never answered my question. Do you ever add white vinegar to soups or sauces? It was only a tablespoon, but they claimed it gives it a special flavor.
I only ask 'cause I know you love to cook.
I've added a cup of white vinegar to my bean soak, but rinse the beans afterwards and boil them in fresh water. It cuts down on the gas but doesn't change the flavor much.

Generally when you add vinegar (unless like a dressing) to a recipe. Its to turn the milk into buttermilk. Adding vinegar or lemon juice will get you buttermilk in like 5 min or less
I thought of that, but the recipe really bragged about the added flavor. I'm gonna try it next time if'n I don't forget like last time. :)

I might try your bean soak trick too, GW.

Not just another pretty face for sure.

I've added a cup of white vinegar to my bean soak, but rinse the beans afterwards and boil them in fresh water. It cuts down on the gas but doesn't change the flavor much.
You can cut down on gas by soaking them several times with clean water. My Wife starts in the morning and does this until the next morning. The last soak is overnight.They will cook faster too.
https://beaninstitute.com/beans-beans-the-magical-fruit/

When soaking dry bean before cooking, change the water several times. The gas-producing fibers are released into the soaking water, and discarding it removes some of these compounds.

Last edited:
I've made butter many times without decarb. Throw shake into stock pot, add water n butter. Bring to boil and then back off to simmer. Cook overnight and process. Years ago ya never heard of decarb pot. I've don't it that way and it is effective but not a totally necessary step for butter.

I did come across a guy who found a way to eliminate most of the foul taste from cannabis. He uses jars. Fills them with water and leaves them soak overnight. Dumps the green water daily and refills until it is mostly clear. Then he drains the mix well and returns it to the jar. He uses the jar to decarb in the oven with a loose cap. Once done he has a mostly tasteless base to use in whatever he chooses.

Latest posts

Back