These roots look ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stark

Reaction score
Need some peoples thoughts on how the roots look. The pics make them look darker than the are. They're not slimy or anything like that. Just off color above the water line. The roots in the water look nice and white. If this is an issue i want to get it fixed before she goes into flower.

She's 3 1/2 weeks veg. DWC using GH 3 part in 3 gallons of water. Wanting to take a couple clones off her and turn her over to flower.

Also she's using about 1/2 gallon of water per day. Just been adding ph'ed water until the ppm drop down to about 800 before adding more nutes. starting nute ppm was 1300. Is this ok?

DSCF2376.JPG

DSCF2377.JPG

DSCF2374.JPG

DSCF2383.JPG

DSCF2384.JPG

Looks fine to me, if you are worried though and not using organic nutrients you could give her a shot of H2O2 and that would guarantee that they aren't playing home to any nasties.

thanks guys. that's what i wanted to hear. first grow ever let alone a DWC. wasn't sure just how they should look.

the whiter the better, although some organic nutes will give your roots a brown color but isn't harmful, those don't look too bad, just watch out for a brown slime appearing on the roots.

She looks good.....Looks like all the DWC plants I have done.

Kinda funny how the roots come through the pots in just a couple places and then the bubble action rolls them into a big white ball of string couple inches below the pot.....

Thanks for the feed back guys. Hemp Goddess, i thought the off color might be from the micro.

I went ahead and put her into flower. I have never grown before and i'm very surprised at the results so far.

thought i might be able to put another plant in with her, to get a cycle going. but she looks like she will take up all my space. may go with a 2 plant scrog next grow.

here's some pics. 10 days into flower.

1 and a half weeks flower 009.jpg

1 and a half weeks flower 011.jpg

1 and a half weeks flower 013.jpg

:ccc: YO STARK IVE BEEN GROWING IN DWC FOR ABOUT 15 MONTHS AND ALWAYS WITH GOOD RESULTS I FIND ITS AN EASY WAY TO GROW.YOUR ROOTS AND PLANT GROWTH LOOK VERY GOOD NICE COLOR IN YOUR LEAFS.WHAT STRAIN YOU GROWING? I KEEP MY WATER TEMPS BETWEEN 62 AND 66F AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ROOT PROBLEMS IN ANY OF MY GROWS.I JUST USE FROZEN WATER BOTTLES TO REGULATE THE TEMPS AND IT WORKS WELL FOR ME.I NORMALY LEEVE A 3 INCH GAP BETWEEN BOTTOM OF POT AND WATER LINE I USED TO TAKE IT TO BOTTOM OF NET POT BUT WHEN I DROPPED IT I SEEMED TO GET BETTER GROWTH.I TO HAD NEVER GROWN B4 I STARTED IN DWC HOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP TO YOU
POP65:farm:

Strain is a Trainwreck i got from a friend. very happy with it so far :)

Beautiful girl you have there. Nice and thick and lush and green with close internodal spacing. Keep up the good work--she looks wonderful.

Latest posts

Back