Thorn's Orange Candy Floss Micro Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
curiouscat420 said:
SEXY! how did you manage to keep your plants so damn short... that has been my biggest concern... i only have so much height...

Hi there and welcome to the site!

To keep plants small you can do a number of things, such as keep them in small pots so they are restricted on how far thier roots can grow. you can use LST - there is a lot of info on this on the forum. And keep the lights as close as possible to the plants.

Its called Micro growing and theres a lot of us that do it. I'm doing it because I don't pay the bills here so am restricted in how much I can grow. Feel free to read my whole journal here to gain more info and look at other's too :)

Thanks tcbud and pcduck for stopping by :) hope you new year is going ok so far?

Just taken these pictures with the flash. I can't believe how well my little med mint girl is doing lol :rolleyes:

ORange doing well still..

Forgot to say, when we got in from new years it was about 5 in the morning and of course the fan on my girls wasn't on - I turn it on and off manually at the moment - and as soon as we walked in the front door we could smell them! They never been that strong before! I'm gonna have to put the fan on a timer now if i'm going to be out later than 10 pm (when my girls wake up)!

But yet when I microwaved the bud for new year it didn't smell anywhere near as much as the LR2 and Mint did..:confused: strange!

Anyway enjoy the pics..

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Beautifull Thorn..you have that Micro growing Down..I applaud you:clap: and That Med grow is insane too..Wow..just WOW!!!

Hey at least you are getting some smoke though... Lookin like some danky dank too :48:

My plant is dying, i think it needs a bigger pot for better watering and root expansion it just seems to be starving!

Anyway lookin good :)

Looking real nice Thorn, You must have nerves of steel to work on those micro grows like you do...No way could I to clutzy

looking good girl keep up the good work i going to take some pics in a wile the plants are looking great over on my side of the pond any how take care an cheers mate.

Just read your whole journal. Great job so far, good luck the rest of the way

Iron Lotus said:
Hey at least you are getting some smoke though... Lookin like some danky dank too :48:

My plant is dying, i think it needs a bigger pot for better watering and root expansion it just seems to be starving!

Anyway lookin good :)

Thanks man, and i sure am looking forward to getting something to smoke! Are you sure the plant has enough air in its soil and not too overwatered? I know that can make it look starved. Take a look at my med grow plant...tiniest bottle ever thats in and it doesn't look starved at all ;)

pcduck said:
Looking real nice Thorn, You must have nerves of steel to work on those micro grows like you do...No way could I to clutzy

I notice you didn't say balls of steel..hehe:p yea i manage somehow, but tend to make mistakes when i try to tend to the plants when i super high and drunk lol :rolleyes:

Thanks wiseguy and 4u :) its always good to hear nice comments from you guys :D

compqt said:
Just read your whole journal. Great job so far, good luck the rest of the way

Thanks for looking, hope it can be helpful to you, its a nice little grow and i've enjoyed growing this strain, definately an easy starter strain!

Hello all. Well the plant will be at 9 weeks flowering this thursday, but isn't ready yet. This is because of a nute lock which has halted growth and bud development. No one told me the plant shouldn't look that green at the stage of flowering on this site but I'd posted a picture of her over on Dutchbreed's support forum and one of the members tipped me off about this. So I have been feeding her water now for the last week and I gave her a flush today.

One bud I have noticed has 2 tiny white pistils starting to appear, so we might actually get somewhere still :D

But I think I will harvest part of the plant (about a third-ish) this thursday, as I want something to smoke :rolleyes: lol

At least I know this now for this strain in future grows :)

Hope everyone is doing ok on this rainy day :cool:

That sucks Thorn, but i hope it turns out for the best :bongin: i wasn't sure if you just had a really "green" strain but should have said something :( good luck!

to much N will also delay the completion of your plant. Once my plants start to flower I just use bloom and micro of the GH 3 part system

thanks no worries, i just thought my plant was super healthy but i just wish i'd have known this sooner as then i could have done something sooner. never mind. I suppose i can't complain, most pros won't be too fussed about little micro grows like mine.

i think its about time i bought myself a grow book...well when i get a job/income support and can spare a few bob hehe :)

I know its great to have nice comments about our grows but please if you see something you think isn't right just tell me and i'll check it out :)

I also should check the ph of the water/soil/runoff too. I'll try to take pics tonight if i remember and put them on tomorrow.

Thorn said:
thanks no worries, i just thought my plant was super healthy but i just wish i'd have known this sooner as then i could have done something sooner. never mind. I suppose i can't complain, most pros won't be too fussed about little micro grows like mine.

Its hard to tell true colours when flash photography is used :)

A micro grow or a full room grow both deserve full respect, your comment is a bit snappy.

A lot of people watch your grows and add comments, your grow is as important as anyone elses :aok:

They look beautiful ;)

:peace:

no offence meant hippy, and well i do usually take pictures without flash, but to be honest i have found from my experience that true colours come out more in flash photography :)

All I meant was that a lot of the pros may just prefer the 'big' grows rather than smaller ones ;) not being snappy at all :)

too true hippy :)

ahh it can be frustrating not being able to stretch my legs so to speak and get a *real* grow going lol, still i'm just happy i can keep it up, no matter how small :)

I think it takes more skill and knowledge to grow micro than a normal grow.
Everything is so small and delicate. Plus if you screw up a micro nutes it is most likely not to make it. jmo

thats the old brit sprit i all ways hear about chin up girl. at lest u still growing!! an u did a great job with that little one. yeah u gotta be on that PH my dear!! an btw one of my plants well its being flushed now leafs are super super green, an have all ways have been, its not a huge yider hope to get a cople oz's dry of her. but my haze most of the leafs are slighly less dark as the ones near the top. PH is fine, shes been flushed, getting great nuits an bugs are getting donky size so it is fine. just depends on the strain i am thinking. any one keep it up. u did a great job with that little one, maybe next time give it a little vegg time? might help out to boot yeid my lady!!!

thanks guys, appreciate it :)

yea wiseguy, like i've said i plan on getting some OCFs vegging for a month or so after this one ;)

Pic 6 shows the 2 new white pistils in a loop starting to poke through, not overly clear though.

The last pic shows the ph test I did last night

Now I used my 'prong' ph tester that is rubbish and it told me the ph was between 7 and 8, then I used this with run off then soil and it came out acidic, but i've no idea how reliable those are.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I never check soils Thorn..I do check run off. when you can afford a digital PH meter I say grab one..they run 30-40 on ebay..and the prongs suck..sorry..I use drops for a while..and now love this meter..Good luck to you and KEEP M GREEN

Latest posts

Back