thrips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrobud

bhc# vhc# 5150
Reaction score
hi friends. i have a pineapple exp at 4 weeks flowering and have some thrips showing up. ive treated twice in the last 2 weeks or so and thought they were gone but nooooo there back but not as many. i have the safer brand pesticide should i treat one more time or let it ride?

You better treat those rotten little poops. I have had a time with them lately too. Good luck! Follow the directions on the bottle and spray as often as it recommends.

Was it DE that helped with thirps?? Sounded like a simple fix, if that's right!!

yes i use de and it works, not sure why they came back but as soon as i can harvest the flowering room is getting a complete scrub down. i know not to use neem oil this far into flowering just not sure about that stuff i have made by safer brand its called end all. i sure dont want any foul tasting buds (or worse):spit:

You could do sticky traps at this late date and maybe slow them down. They also don't like cold water on them, but your buds may not need that. At least they aren't as bad as the mites, but they are a pain.

Just the name scares me. Just like herpes. sounds evil. Good luck killing them :)

I have had some grief with thrips. I have had real good luck with Azamax used as a drench so that the plant absorbs it and I spray the lower parts of the plants if there isn't any bud growth. It biodegrades after about 2 weeks. I am smoking bud that was soaked in it 3 times back to back and I can't taste any difference. :)

:doh: By the way, it took out the thrips on the first go around I kept hitting them 2 more times because I was trying to wipe out some stubborn fungus gnats with it. It finally got em. :)

I run HotShot no pest strips the whole grow.

Coho said:
I run HotShot no pest strips the whole grow.

Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
Caution: Do not get in mouth. Harmful is swallowed. After prolonged storage, a small amount of liquid form on strip. Do not get liquid in eyes. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling strip. Do not use in hospitals or clinic rooms, such as patient rooms, wards, nurseries, operating or emergency areas. Do not use in any rooms or closets or rooms where infants, children and the sick or aged are or will be present for an extended period of confinement. Do not use in kitchens (except cupboards), restaurants or areas where food is prepared or served. Do not use in any area of the home where people will be present for extended periods of time. Not to be taken internally by humans or animals.

not for my medicine...:hubba:

hxxp://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/are-we-being-overly-cautious-here-about-using-ddvp-strips

Sand start to finish and trusts me I always finish! Sand be the cheap but effective solution.

BWD

I had thrips real bad last summer. One application of "Fertilome Borer, Bagworm & Catepillar Spray" got rid of em. my plants were in veg. The active ingredient is Spinosad. its safe for fruits and veggies. read about it before putting on budding plants.

Careful with Azamax on young seedlings....mine didn't like it. Slight burn and slowed growth for a week or so. Did a foliar spray and drench. They came out of it , thrips gone and nice harvest later.

DE doesn't have any effect on thrips, as thrips lay eggs on the plant, not in the medium.
Mountain man has it, spinosad. I have used Azamax also. Both worked great for me. I must add that Safer worked well too.

thanks friends, i have the problem under control , safer is what i used, works pretty good

I'm holding off with the Azomax for fungus gnats since both of my mobile micro-grows are in flower, so I bought "Safer End All" and will use neem oil to put around the top edge of the pots but not in the soil. Sticky traps are filling up so the adults are getting caught or killed!

I turn the lights off after things shut down for the night, and out comes the fly swatter and every morning clean the mess off of my monitor, which is the only remaining light source.

Is the neem seed oil toxic? I just ordered a 16 oz. bottle?

Latest posts

Back